Ep[26]

In a moment, I dashed towards her and took her hand in mine.

Her finger was badly cutted, the knife was on the floor and some cutted onions were scattered all around the floor.

"Where's the first aid kit?" I asked the younger kid but she cried "Aera knowph!!"

I tried to calm down the other kid named "Aera" She calmed down a bit and told me where it was.

I hurriedly brought the kit with me and treated her wound.

And soon both of them stopped crying and calmed down.

"Now it will get fine in some day okie? Dont cryyy" i said and hugged her tightly.

"Thankyou auntie...are you our soon to be mumma?" She asked and I was speechless.

Are they the daughters of that jerk?

"No baby...I'm not..." I said but she again started crying.

"Hey? What happened?" I asked out of confusion.

Seeing her cry, her little sister also started crying.

"We are hungry..."

She said and I noticed they both were too pale and thin from normal kids.

"Hey hey...don't cry? I will cook for you okay? Just wait 5 min?"

She nodded and said "Do you need my help?" I smiled softly at her and shook  my head in a no.

It was clear that she was trying to fry the rice with cutted onions.

But this small kid, just seems like 9 or 10 years old and is cooking?

I hurriedly fried rice for them and served them which they ate hastily.

"Slowwww down or else you will choke on it!" I said and she replied with "I felt like dying out of hunger!"

I had many questions to ask her but i started with something friendly.

"So you are Aera? And she is?"

She nodded and said "Sara! We both are sisters."

"Why were you cooking by your own? Yoy could have asked an elder person for it right?"

She made a sad face and started explaining.

"There was no one. Dad didn't gave us breakfast yesterday and left. He didn't came home the whole day, we slept waiting for him. Today morning he was still not here. We were feeling too hungry so I searched for something in the fridge and found some rice but Sara refused to eat cold rice so I was frying it when i got cut...."

My heart ached hearing the things she just told me, how can someone be this cruel? Ignorant and careless!?

"Didn't you got any snack or something at home?" I asked But she shook her head in denial and said "Dad doesn't like snacks so we have none and dad always orders food from outside."

I noticed her eyes getting shiny from tears, my heart felt like breaking into millions of pieces and at that moment I just wished to see her happy.

I pulled her into a big hug and patted her back.

"Auntie...are you going to be our new mumma?" She asked again.

I had no answers to her question.

"W-what happened to your old mumma?" I asked trying to change the topic.

"She suicided." I was left speechless.

Kids at her age doesn't even know the meaning of this word.

"She hunged herself on the fan because dad treated her bad. From then I'm taking care of Sara, Sara is really naughty and messy and she cries a lot." 

She said teasing the younger one while she pouted showing her angry face.

I didn't know whether to laugh at their cuteness or cry on their situation?

These little angels doesn't deserve such hardships.

Aera noticed I was staring at her.

"Thankyou auntie for breakfast, It was yummy!" She said and got up dragging Sara with her.

"Sara! Hurry up! I already packed your school bag! Our bus will come anytime! Last time driver uncle scolded us for being late!"

She said and I noticed both of them were wearing school uniforms which wore unpropered  and their hairs....

They had two little pony's but their hairs looked awfully messed up.

"I Don want to go phcool....thophe mean girlph make fun of me..."

"Come to me if they ever do that again! But now let's go!" And  before I could stop them, they already ran outside.

I ran behind them and saw them getting on their school bus.

I sighed and stared at their bus leaving my sight.

1235679×799548 questions were running inside my mind.

I have a chance to run but I do not.

Should I ask kris for help?

Will he.....? Trying wont take anything right?

I searched my eyes throughout the hall and noticed the old type telephone on the table right infront of the couch.

I grabbed the phone and dialed kris's number.

Thank god I have this special skill to remember numbers.

"Hello?"

HE PICKED UP!

"H-hello...kris? I'm y/n speaking...I'm actually in trouble...and it's really importa-"

I got cut off as he suddenly yelled.

"Ofcourse! If there's y/n there's trouble! Do you know because of you my life has became total hell!! And still you are shamelessly asking for help? No like in what trouble do you want me to get in now? I can't believe people like you still exists. Please leave me alone for fucks sake. I don't even want to remember I once dated a scumbag like you!"

And the call got cut.

Ouch.

I fell on my knees crying hysterically. Wow. Today I realised my worth. Why am I even alive at this point?

I sat beside the couch for sometimes going totally blank. Then suddenly I remembered a name.

V....

Can he help me?

I got up and dialed his no.

Busy....

V.... please pick up....please...