24: Kennedy

If you get confused, Rachel's name was originally Charlie when we first met her, but I had to change it cause I realized I names Greyson's dog Charlie too lolll

Even with Greyson speeding, I didn't make it to my lecture. It ended up taking us twice as long to get back to the truck because of the rain, which put us back on the road for almost 12. There wasn't really any hope, but Greyson insisted on dropping me off first so I could just go to class late. Everyone else thought this was a great idea because "it's better to see half of it than to miss it all" or something like that. I didn't have the heart to tell them there was zero chance I'd walk into the packed lecture, looking like a drowned rat. Not to mention I didn't have my laptop or anything.

When they dropped me off outside the building, I was still wearing Greyson's sweater, making my decision to not go to the end of class more concrete. I might have tried to take it off and realize mid way that that would leave me in just a little bra top in the middle of campus... and in front of Greyson...

Needless to say, I pulled it right back down.

As I walk home, I can't stop thinking about holding Greyson's hand. The mixture of embarrassment and butterflies going on in me has me feeling like I'll throw up.

He was really nice today though. He almost smiled three times. Maybe on his mission for my forgiveness he decided he does want to be my friend.

He also posted me off like no other with his little don't answer unknown callers and your door for random people at 2am speech.

Except now, thinking back on it, he actually made a lot of reasonable points... hm.

Oh well, until he buys me a G-Wagon, I don't want him as my friend. That would actually be amazing if he bought me a G-Wagon. Just kidding because I told him he can't buy my forgiveness so I obviously could accept it. That's annoying.

Campus is pretty empty right now, so I decide to run to the cafe and grab breakfast that I thought we were going to get on the way, but apparently they all ate before. Who does that? All I've eaten today is a granola bar and a protein bar I stole from Greyson's bag. It was disgusting so I was really doing him a favour.

"You're Kennedy right?"

I look around for whoever said my name, and at first think I must be hallucinating because no ones around, but then a girl stands up from a bench I didn't see. She looks vaguely familiar, but I don't know where I know her from.

"Um, yeah! Hi..." I rack my mind for her name, but still can't remember and I feel awful for not recognizing her since she clearly knows me.

"Oh sorry, I'm Rachel. We met a few weeks ago at Campus Cafe." Oh! I remember her, she was reading From Blood and Ash! I don't know how I didn't recognize her, she's got very memorable features, something about her eyes. They're sanpaku I think, if that's even the right word. Plus we talked for like 15 minutes about books and about both being English majors.

"Right! I knew I recognized you, sorry about that. How are you? Did you finish the rest of the From Blood and Ash books?" My mood that was a little down because of missing my lecture instantly lifts and I get excited at the prospect of a new friend.

"Yes, they were so good. I can't wait for Nyktos and the Consorts story. I'm just waiting for my class because I somehow ended up getting here like 30 minutes early."

"Well I got here 30 minutes late for my class so they balance each other out." I smile at her and cringe when she takes in my appearance. "Oh, yeah the whole muddy running shoes and leggings thing isn't just something I decided to wear. My friends and I went on a hike because it was nice this morning, and then it turned into a downpour and we were basically running around blind in the woods."