41: Kennedy

hiiiii baes!! I'm so sorry for the huge delay on this chapter, I've just been feeling really unmotivated and uninspired so I tried not to force myself to do it because I didn't want to post anything that I didn't put my full attention and efforts into. Hope you enjoy, love you guys<3

ALSO GUYS IF THIS IS BAD DONT JUDGE ME LMAO

I wait until Greyson's in the shower and Sarah's asleep to open the letter from Adam.

We got home a couple hours ago after packing up everything that could be put into boxes or the back of Greyson's truck and brought it to the storage container I rented just outside the city. It took us almost all day to pack things up and even king to unpack because Sarah and I were tired and could collectively lift about 50 pound so obviously Greyson was going to have to do most of it. I also spent an embarrassingly long amount of time staring at him when he was lifting heavy things and then bring mortified and embarrassed when he caught me staring.

On top of that, I felt gross the whole time and decided I hated alcohol and couldn't stop thinking about how Greyson had seen me naked less than 12 hours ago so every time I had to talk to him I stutter like an idiot. To top it all off, I went into a deep dark spiral thinking of all the ways a stalker could try and kill me. It took a toll.

I'm not really sure what he could have to say... it's not like we left things on good terms or a "let's stay friends" vibe. He told me he was sorry a thousand times after it happened and I told him I forgave him. I was lying but still, he had no reason not to believe me.

I turn the letter over in my hand and read my name in the familiar handwriting before counting to three and ripping it open.

Kennedy,

I know you're probably laughing at the fact that I wrote you a letter, but had you not blocked me on everything I would have called you.

What a good start.

I'm sorry for everything. For the party, for not treating you the way you deserve, and for letting you leave so easily.

And just like that I'm laughing. I don't really know why, maybe it's the "letting you leave" part, but something about it is weirdly funny. I thought I'd be annoyed or maybe even sad but no.

I skim the rest of the letter—still laughing—and at the end he says he wants to meet for coffee at my work, followed by a date and time. Now that I think about it that must have been the day he came in while I was working and was all "we're still together" and "let's talk."

That was until Greyson was mean to him and he ran away. Well... maybe he didn't run away but I can't really remember anything because I was stuck on the whole Greyson standing up for me.

I smile at the memory and have the sudden urge to run into the bathroom and demand to know if he liked me then too. Except that would mean I'd see him naked and that would be scary.

Would it really? Or are you now seriously considering walking in there? I ignore those thoughts as my face heats for no reason and grab my book from my nightstand.

I read for a few minutes before the shower turns off and I can't seem to focus on the words anymore.

When the door opens moments later I try my best not to look up but my eyes have a mind of their own as they lock onto Greyson's very nice very bare chest and stomach and I can't help but gape. Why does he have to look so perfect all the time?

He runs a towel over his hair and turns to hang it on the back of the bathroom door before facing me. His sweatpants hang illegally low on his hips and my breath hitches a little.