Chapter 26.

~Zayn POV~ Back in time slightly

I woke up in an ambulance. My head throbs but I ignore it, unstrapping myself from the gurney. "Sir! Stop!" The paramedic cries in surprise, reaching to stop me.

"I'm fine!" I snap, scrambling from the bed and running back toward the house. It was crawling with police.

"You can't be here!" One of the policemen said, reaching for me.

"I fucking live here!" I run past Mrs. Wilkens who is speaking with the police. Panic exploded in my chest, I was too late! A whimper of fear comes out of me and I run upstairs, ignoring the cops behind me yelling at me. I do not touch anything for fear of tampering with any evidence, but I look into Sierra's room. It was like a tornado exploded. Toys, clothes, and blankets were strewn across the floor like Aria had packed in a rush.

I ran into the bedroom room where the crime scene techs were going over every detail. Lawrence's body was in a black bag, the chair where I had been tied up, already marked with the number 5. I fell to my knees. I was too late. I should have helped her more! I could have protected them from Xander.

The head detective comes over, "Zayn, we're going to find them..." He says softly.

I look up, "So go look!" I yell. "Don't stand around, they're getting away! Send out an amber alert! Do something, please!"

He comes over, squatting down next to me. "Listen to me, we are going to do everything we can to find them, okay? We have already sent out alerts to every station within a 100 mile radius. We know how important she is to you, Counselor." I let out a sob and let him hug me. I lost her. I lost them. They were gone.

I was so worried for them, and I did not know what to do. After giving my statement, I went home and entered my office. I grabbed my key, unlocking my drawer, typing in the number on the safe. I got out my address book, flipping through it until I got to my buddy's number at the US Marshals. I called him, fingers drumming anxiously on my desk as I waited.

"Gordon."

I breathe a sigh of relief, "Hey, Gordon, it's Zayn Malik from the Distric-"

"Zayn! What's up, my man!" He sounds excited. We had not spoken in at least two years so it was surprising he remembered me.

Slowly, I say, "I need you to send me everything you have on Breeze Evans."

He sighs deeply, "I couldn't do it before when you asked, why would I do it for you now?"

"She's gone, Richard..." I say, voice cracking, pushing my glasses up my nose.

"Gone?" I hear him sit up in his chair.

"Gone. My daughter too. They were taken last night!" I swallow.

He types some things on his computer, "I'm faxing it over now. I'm reporting it and we're going to look into it, but I can't promise anything. Some people just leave the program."

"She didn't leave! She was taken. There were signs of a struggle... She threw up! Please, you have to help me find her!" I cry.

He grunts, "Okay, send me your fax number."

I grab the papers from the fax machine once they are all printed out. I flip through them, beyond shocked. As I read through the file, I discover that Aria was a part of one of the most elusive, fearsome gangs that we have known. They were wanted for human trafficking, kidnapping, murder, drug trafficking, rape, and other heinous crimes. Breeze was a part of it, but she was too sweet to be a part of it. I did not believe it. I sigh deeply, running a hand through my hair, frowning deeply.