Chapter 2

3rd POV

It was Sunday morning. It was unlikely that the Puppingtons would show up for church.

Orel was wide awake at 5:20 A.M. sharp and typing away on his laptop, just like every other day. What made today different, however, was the fact that the left side of the bed was now empty. He could still feel her presence looming over him like a rain cloud. A really dense, stormy, yet pretty rain cloud.

Unsurprisingly, Orel soon heard a door creak open and the jiggling of keys coming from the living room. Christina soon timidly pushed the door to the bedroom open and glanced at Orel, ringing her fingers for comfort.

"Chrissy, ple-," The woman sighed and held up her hand. "Please don't try this right now. I've made up my mind, Orel," She waltzed over to the corner of the bed, turning around to face the wall.

"My name is Christina. Call me Christina, please," An awkward silence filled the room as Orel felt his heart breaking into a thousand pieces with every comment she made. Christina crossed her legs and rubbed her head, saying, "I spent some time researching last night and I found a few lawyers that can help to file a divorce,"

Orel threw his laptop across the bed and stood up against the nicely woven carpet. "I'm still keeping custody, right?" He could barely get the words out, with his voice cracking from the tears swelling in his eyes.

"Yes. You should tell them, today. Get it over with..." As she trailed off, Orel sneered in her direction. "We are going to tell her. You are going to be there to see your ki-" he hiccuped, a single tear falling down his cheek. "-see your kids cry for you,"

Both adults stared at the floor, silently bottling up the arguments they wanted to throw eachothers way. Alas, Orel made his way around the bedframe and weakly held his hands out. "Can I please have a hug?" Every one of Christinas instincts told her not to hug him, but after a few moments of debate, she hopped of the bed and took a couple steps forward.

Her arms linked under Orels, and she tucked her nose into his collarbone, taking in his scent one last time. The brunette was quick to return the gesture, and wrapped his arms around her waist as tight as he could. It was like time had stopped for the both of them as the two relished in how perfectly they fit together.

It only lasted for a few seconds, though, because Christina soon pulled away and held herself. "How about we tell them at 7? Are you okay with that?"

"Um, yea, yea, thats fine," his voice was still wobbly, and it only got worse and worse as time went on.

Orel shook his head wildly at the floor and clenched his hands into fists. "Christina, where are you even going to go? Whats your plan? Just run away from you family and become homeless?"

"I... haven't really decided yet. I mean, I've always wanted to get out there and travel the world, so.." She bit her lip, tiptoing around her words as to not upset the man in front of her anymore than she already had. "I just think I need a new beginning. To get away from my upbringing, and all,"

Orel opened his mouth to protest but Christina quickly cut him off. "I know, I know, we don't live in Moralton anymore, but I swear everytime I look at you, I just get reminded of everything I went through,"

"How is that my fault? I've told you so many times to go get therapy like I did, but you never listen to me!"

Christina couldn't bear to gaze at her ex-husband, and cupped her face whilst yelling, "No, nothing will help! I've prayed to God so many times, and I think its destiny for things to be this way,"

She cupped her hands behind her back and started down at her red velvet shoes. "I'm sorry, Orel. Maybe someday if we cross paths again  we can rekindle this, us, but I just cant take this anymore,"

The tears he had been holding back finally spilled, and he muttered, "Ill meet you a-at 7," before running to the bathroom to take a shower.