Chapter 5

^^^ NOT THE BEDROOM EYES (((((((>(((((((JOKE))))))))))))()][*?&

A/n: i wrote half of this really late please excuse any grammar mistakes lol

3rd POV

It was 6 o'clock when Orel arrived home. Todd was sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob with Lucy at his side, both snacking on some popcorn. At the sound of the creaking door, he quickly switched the channel to VeggieTales, silently cursing to himself. The teen swivled his head and shouted, "Hey, dad!"

"Hi, son," Orel kicked his shoes off and paced towards his kids, leaning down to kiss the younger siblings hair. "And hello there, my little Lucy-Loo!" He began to tickle her under her arms and around her stomach, earing many stifled giggles from the little girl.

"What were you two thinking for dinner, hm? There's still some leftover spaghetti that I could warm up," Todd and Lucy both nodded at him. "Sure! Can you, uhm, help me with my homework?" He began to fiddle with his buttons. "Its geometry again,"

Time Skip

Todd watched his food spin in the microwave, patiently waiting for the 2 minutes to be over. He had just put away his homework after Orel helped him, and was now tapping his fingernails on the marble surface in anticipation.

Being 14 was hard. Intelligent kids usually have a harder time making friends, and that was just the case for the young boy. Yet, it wasn't ever much of a problem, since he always focused on his work instead of others. That's what school was about.

As he heard the beeping of the microwave, he got up to get his dinner while Lucy jumped atop the stool next to her brother. Orel paced into the room with his laptop and charger in hand, heading towards the kitchen table.

He unraveled the cord and plugged it into the side of the table where an outlet stood, and he sat down next to Todd and opened his laptop with the charger plugged in.

"Aren't you gonna have dinner?" Orel shook his head. "No, I had a big lunch and I'm not feeling too hungry tonight," Todd frowned but went back to his meal, getting increasing worried about his dad. Ever since the divorce, he hasn't been himself at all It seemed that everytime Todd turned to look at his father, he had a sorrowful, lonely look on his face.

Orel felt the soft buzz of his phone in his pocket, and paused his work flow to take a look. It was an unknown number, and he almost declined the call before remembering his interaction with Joe earlier that day.

He felt obligated to answer, so he reluctantly swiped left with his thumb and held the device up to his ear while walking into his bedroom. It was probably good to keep this conversation private.

"Hello, this is Orel Puppington," Quiet rustling was heard through the phone before the caller responded with, "Heyyyy Orel, its Joe here. Trevor's dad,"

Its too late for this, Orel thought to himself. It hasn't even been a whole 5 hours and he's already bugging me. "Hi Joe. Here to reschedule our appointment?"

"Your all business, huh? Sure, whatever, but we've gotta do it on the weekend," Joe's words were faintly slurred, yet that seemed to be his nature since he sounded similar earlier. "I'm a busy guy,"

..busy? "Where do you work?"

"Youuuur gonna have to find out this Saturday, babe. I'll meet you at the coffee shop downtown - the one by the library - at 11 AM. I know how teachers have a weird fetish for caffeine,"

Orel couldn't help but giggle like a girl at Joe's boldness, and even felt a small blush creep only his cheeks. Pet names were his weakness. "Well okay then, I'll let you know if I can come. Bye, Joe,"

"Bye Oreee-" His voice was abruptly cut off when Orel hung up on him. He threw his phone on the bed and fell onto the sheets with his arms spread horizontally, sighing.

Its not a date.