Chapter 5

Maybe she should have taken Bucky up on his offer to drive her home. Addison's legs were screaming at her as she walked home from the arena.

But she sighed blissfully, thinking about the time she just got to spend on the ice with Zed. She didn't even care that she was sore and tired. The skate she had with him was incredible. It felt like they were even closer now than before!

Maybe he really did like her more than a friend...

Her train of thought was derailed when her phone buzzed to life in her pocket. She quickly dug it out and smiled when she saw her best friend's name flashing across her screen. She swiped the answer bar and put the phone to her ear.

"Hey Bree!" She greeted cheerfully.

"Addy!" Bree shrieked, forcing the blonde to pull the phone away before her eardrum could explode. "I just heard from the Acey's that you had a practice session with Bucky this morning and he didn't even offer to bring me along to see my best friend!"

"It's ok, Bree. We wouldn't have had much time to catch up anyways. You know how strict Bucky is with practices!" Addison laughed.

"I know, but I miss you so much!" She whined, making Addison laugh even harder.

"Hey! Why don't you come to the hockey game next weekend! It's the playoffs and I'll be performing in the second intermission!" She offered excitedly.

"Oh my gosh! That sounds so fun!" Bree squealed. "I'll get the whole squad to come! It'll be like competitions with all of us cheering you on from the stands!" Addison's smile widened.

All her friends would be in one place! Her old and new ones! Maybe she could even introduce them all and she could see them more often. Her excitement grew with each passing second.

"That would be amazing Bree! I can't wait to see you guys!" She matched her bestie's enthusiasm.

"I know right?! Ok, you text me the address and we'll see you next weekend!"

"On it! Talk to you soon!" Addison agreed.

"Bye Addy!" Bree chimed before they both hung up.

Even though her legs were killing her, there was a pep in her step the rest of her walk home. Everything was finally coming together.

XxX Meanwhile XxX

Zed let out a loud grunt as the air got knocked out of him from getting slammed into the barrier, again.

Having played this game for so long, it didn't take long for him to recover his breath, but long enough that his half of the team lost possession of the puck. He was definitely used to the tough and rowdy nature of the sport but it seemed like one specific member of his own team was being extra rough this practice.

Zed angrily shoved Ziryan. "What the hell is your problem Dude?!" He yelled with a glare.

"Problem? I'm just playing the game!" Ziryan laughed, shoving him back just as roughly. "I think you're going soft on us Necro!"

As soon as the nickname left his mouth, Zed had him grabbed by the collar of his padding and spun to slam against the wall instead. "Watch it Ziryan or I'll show you soft." Zed growled. But Ziryan laughed with a sinister smirk, instigating him further.

"I think you'd like that too much! Is Blondie not getting you off anymore?" He cooed in a baby voice.

Zed was seeing red. What was his problem with Addison?! He slammed his back into the barrier even harder but his teammates were pulling them apart before he could throw any of the punches he wanted to.