Chapter 2

Saturday was moving day. Addison was woken by the sounds of heavy footsteps up and down the stairs, her mom barking orders to the movers, and the clattering of things in boxes. She stayed in bed staring up at her ceiling for a few extra minutes before she couldn't take it anymore.

She quickly got out of bed and threw on some clothes, put on her wig securely, and made her way to find her parents.

"Can I please go skate?" She pleaded out of frustration. Missy stared at her in disbelief.

"You have to help with the move today Addison!" She denied, looking over her shoulder and rushing past her. "Be careful with that! It's an antique!" Dale chuckled and smiled at his daughter.

"You know how stressed your mother is." He told her. Addison groaned.

"But what help am I going to be? Mom's got control of bossing around the moving men." She argued. Dale smiled fondly at her.

"I'll make you a deal." He started. Addison waited eagerly for his proposal. "Help pack up my car with most of your stuff and we'll unload at the new house. Then you can go to the ice rink. Deal?" He offered.

"Deal!" Addison agreed, rushing back up the stairs to grab some boxes. Dale laughed and followed her more slowly.

"She's just like her mother." He mumbled fondly to himself.

XxX

"Last one." Addison announces as she drops the final box in her new bedroom. It was bare and empty. Of course her furniture would be delivered later today, but for some reason it felt refreshing. She frowned at the thought. She didn't want this move. So why would she want this new room?

She shook her head to refocus on the task at hand, getting to the arena.

"Ok, I moved my boxes. Can I go to skating now? Please!" She threw her hands together in a pleading fashion with puppy dog eyes for extra effect. Dale laughs and shoos her away.

"Go on. Just be back before dinner!" He calls because she's already rushing for the door. "Call if you need anything!"

"Will do! Thanks Dad!" She yells back as she throws her back over her shoulder and hurries out the door.

XxX

The GPS led her right back to the arena from the night before. She briefly wondered if Zed would be there today but she quickly shook off the thought. Why would he be here on Saturday morning when he was just here the night before? She was just a crazy person who used skating as an outlet. Plus. Why does she care if he was there today anyways?!

She enters and makes her way to the center rink, at a much more leisurely pace than before. As she got closer, the sounds of male voices yelling and loud crashes started to fill the small hallway she was in. She slowly peaked through the door and saw that the whole hockey team were mid practice.

She snuck in through the doorway and made her way up a couple rows to take a seat a little higher for a better view. She found herself watching one specific player who was agile and smooth on the ice.

He was obviously a superstar as he was able to beat every defender that stood in his way, either with his speed or cross overs or even stop and starts. And then it's his shot versus the goalkeeper. He draws his stick back and fires. The goalie tries to block but it wizzes past him.

Addison found herself making an excited squealing noise that she quickly covered her mouth to shut herself up. The sound obviously carried over all the noises of the other players on the ice because multiple heads snap up in her direction. Including Zed's. Her face heated up dramatically with all the boy's eyes on her.