Chapter 1

Location : A small unmarked grave out in the open during the late 40s - early 50s.

~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~

The year is 1947, and today is December 25th. Christmas Day. All is dark and wet... You must be wondering who I am. Well, if I said I were dead, would you believe me? I'm a 10 year old girl who died due to hypothermia.

A little bit about me, I never really had friends, except for the wild animals, if they count. The last 3 things I remember are that I was freezing to the touch, my name, and my parents trying to keep me warm.

I died in December of last year a little bit after my birthday, and nobody has come by at all. I've been confined to a small unmarked grave out in the middle of nowhere. In front of a forest said to hold supernatural phenomena.

Not a lot of normal people come by here. Actually, none at all. They never come. Unless they want to prove something. Like ghosts and UFOs.

This place isn't so bad, but the problem is businessmen. They always come by and disrupt the peace of the animals, and they don't care. Today, they're going to come by again.

They have plans to build something. I can't let them build here, but I'm a ghost. What am I supposed to do? Spook them? Not a lot of people get scared.

My mom used to always say that fear is always on the mind. Maybe I could use that? I don't really know. Maybe I can do something to the bad people who are going to tear up this place.

I see a couple of trucks and cars come by, about 22 people coming out of them. They all look the same, none are wearing suits, just worker clothes. I think they're here to build something.

I walk to the trees and wait it out. They pull out a bench and a bunch of paper. Maybe they're planning out what to build, like wooden building blocks.

3 Bulldozers came out of the trucks and started to work on the layout. They were to make a very deep hole for 2 basement levels. That's what I heard anyway. Just what this world needs. More smoke in the air.

A female worker noticed where my grave was. She pointed it out to her boss, but he dismissed it as a grave of a dead pet. Very rude. Her sadness was visible, and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't move from where I was.

All I could hear from her was, "I'll come back for you later." That's when she turned around and went back to work. I don't understand what she meant. I never understood what she meant. What she said, it made me think for a while.

Night began to fall, and they all left. The hole they had made was deeper than expected. The lady worker came by after an hour when her coworkers left. She brought a shovel with her, and she began to dig my grave. Why is she doing that, I don't know.

My body... it's still the same somehow. It never changed. My white hair, my icy blue eyes, my paper white pale skin, it's all the same. She picked up my body and the shovel, climbing down the hole. The lady worker dug another hole and put my body, covering it afterward with dirt.

I heard her say a small prayer and climbed out, walking back to her car. Not even 10 seconds on the streets... she got run over by a car. I flew towards her, but I couldn’t go past the road. I couldn’t get to her body. Like there was a wall of glass, stopping me from reaching.

Death is something I never really witnessed, besides my own. I broke down, wishing I could go over to her body, but I couldn’t. She died in front of me. Blood splattered everywhere. The person who ran her over drove off as fast as they could to avoid trouble.

Her physical body... it was mangled. It looked like roadkill. I could see her neck bone and her left arm. I didn't want to see the rest of the damage, but I couldn't look away. Her jaw was... dislocated, some of her teeth were gone too... and the blood. There was so much blood.

The lady materialized into a ghost. She looked bloody, and her jaw was unhinged. Her left arm was crippled, and her right leg was as well. Her neck was broken, too. She saw me crying and walked towards me, snapping her crippled joints into place.

She knelt down, punching her jaw back into its respective place, and patted my head. "It's ok. There's no reason to cry." She told me. I look at her with teary eyes. "You're not going to stay here, are you?"It all depends on what the spirit in the sky says. They will decide if I stay or leave."

I only nodded my head. I didn't understand what she meant. The next few days were followed by a funeral, and the first floor of the place was done, along with the 2 basements. The crippled lady never popped up after that. For a while, I was pretty lonely.

A few months later, on March 16th of 1948, they finally opened the doors to the building. It was quite large. It was almost like a hotel, but the rooms were slightly bigger. There was a dining hall, a hell of a lot of rooms, a room to play billiards, and for people to smoke their nasty cigars. Look, I may be dead, but that smell will stick with me forever.

Families of 3 or 4 started piling in. The children all ran up towards me, which caused the parents to look confused. They wanted to know about me, so I told them my name, my age, how I died, etc. "We'll be your friends!" "You won't be lonely anymore!" They all started to cheer. For a while, it worked.

I wasn't lonely anymore! It made me happy, I made friends with kids around my age. I watched them grow up to teenagers, but like always... all good things must come to an end. April 1st, 1953. April fools.

It was about midnight. All was perfect. Nothing but the sound of silence and the occasional snoring coming from every room. I was floating around the first floor and saw a bulky figure that went into the kitchen. They seemed shaken up and strangely estatic.

Reception was empty, so the bulky figure went into the elevator and reached the top floor. They were holding something. It was shiny and pointy. It looked like a knife. I floated up to the top floor, only to scream.

Blood. There was blood everywhere. I moved down to the next floor, blood. The next one, even more blood. They weren't done on this floor, so maybe I could save the others.

I went to the floor below the one I was at and started to mess around. Possessing stuff, throwing stuff across the room. I did this for a while until eventually everyone woke up and bolted down to the first floor using the stairs. Male adults started running into town to go to the police station. They came back after an hour.

The killer hasn't come out yet. The police immediately went inside. The ones outside put tape around the building. I went inside and floated to the top floor. Everyone materialized.

Some were crying, and others were screaming for eternity. They all turned their heads towards me. "Who are you?" One of the mothers asked. I didn't answer that. "Do you want to get out of here?" I held out my hand.

They all nodded. The lady took my hand. Eventually, everyone formed a chain. I floated down to the next floor. Everyone there formed a chain, too. I reached the other floor, and again, a chain was made. "Who are you?" They asked again. I still didn't answer.

All of the patrons came with me to the first floor. "Do you see a light?" They all nodded. "Go to it. You'll be safe on the other side." I smiled sadly. "What's your name?" They asked for a final time. I looked at them with small teary eyes.

"My name?" "Yes." "My name is..." I told them my name as they all walked away into the light. I don't see it, and I don't think I ever will. The crippled lady said there was a white light, and she went to it. The police dragged the killer out of the building. On January 3rd, 1952, it completely closed down.

This place became a tourist attraction for people from 1953 to 1958, but it closed soon after in 1960 after I caused some mischief. The year now is 1961. A group of people in black robes came around a couple of months back. A group of 22, and they all looked suspicious. They would stay there for half the day and then leave.

But, there is one little girl who does the same. A blue haired little girl.

My name is Celeste, by the way. This was my story.