~ Chapter 4 ~ Riven

"Sky," Headmaster Silva called as he limped onto the platform, eyes black as night and a pole in his hand. The only thing keeping him from falling. "Watch your footwork."

Riven kicked forward catching Sky in the abdomen pushing him back. His stumble leading to an opening quickly taken by Riven as he ran forward jumping to swing his duel wielded sticks at Sky's singular choice. Clashing they pushed back but neither faultered. Riven spun on the spot leg raising high in a kick which was swiftly ducked before the training continued.

Both faught tirelessly to beat the other both determined to not give in when Sky caught Riven in a well placed kick to his side sending him stumbling. Still neither stopped until eventually Riven swept his leg round and low swiping Sky's feet out from under him. He hit the ground hard on his back groaning.

"Nicely done Riven, nicely done." Silva said before turning and limping around the other specialists. Riven lent down giving Sky a hand up before both turned to watch Silva's retreating form.

"Does he seem worse to you?" Sky asked concerned thoughts running wild around his head.

"What Riven gets a compliment and all of a sudden Silva has brain damage?" Riven asked with a laugh hands raising in question as he looked at his best friend. Sky choked out a laugh smiling as the pair walked off the platform.

"Its just it's been a week, since he got infected by the burned one. I don't know maybe I'm overreacting." He shrugged his shoulders. "What do you think Stell?" He asked the beautiful blonde sat on the nearby bench rapped up warm in pink and white texting away on her phone.

"About what?" She questioned not having listened to the two boys as they made their way over to the bench taking a seat.

"Silva how does he look to you?"

"Fine."

"Doctor Stella coming through with the zero effort diagnosis." Riven said glancing round in obvious distaste towards Stella. He continued to watch her in slight disbelief as she tried to convince Sky Silva would be fine but clearly not showing any real care or concern towards to situation. He glanced down in thought as she kissed Sky's cheek before walking off.

"She must be mind blowing." Riven said, "Or does she do weird shit with her tongue?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?" Sky wondered turning to face his dorm mate removing his eyes from Silva.

"I'm trying to figure out why the fuck you started things up with her again. Yeah she's crazy hot but the emphasis is squarely on the crazy." He proceeded to joke about Sky's relationship with Stella.

"Shut up Riven." Sky laughed pushing him off the bench but his mood quickly soured looking back at Silva pictures of seeing Silva so hurt flooding his brain.

But they were quickly replaced by thoughts of the beautiful blonde Bloom and Aisha had brought in and the pull he had felt for her.

" Did you see the girl Bloom and Aisha brought in?" Sky asked turning to face Riven.

"Bloom's the crazy ginger chick you got your eyes on right? "

"She's not crazy and I don't have my eyes on her. Did you see the girl she brought in?"

"No, I was grabbing a med kit from the bastion, why?" A look of confusion flashed across Riven's face as he thought back to the stories he'd heard of the mysterious blonde who had appeared battered and bruised at the same time as Silva. Despite never having even laid eyes on her, he felt anger course through his veins at the thought of someone hurting her.

"I felt this weird pull towards her. As if there was something in me telling me that I needed to hold and protect her. When I saw she was hurt I got so angry at the thought someone had hurt her. I don't know what it was. Even now I feel like I need to see her again." Sky glanced over to his best mate to see similar emotions in his eyes. A look that told him Riven felt the same. Neither said anything, both recognising there was something going on but not sure what.

》---------------《

Sorry for the kinda short chapter. The first few might be on the shorter side.