1

Dark times were upon Kalos, not that anyone noticed nor cared. An underground villainous team was beginning to rise in power, led by a very powerful man that the media still couldn't place. No one could even begin to comprehend who they were or what they were trying to achieve, so it was all swept under the rug as parents sent their children out to fulfill their dreams of becoming the new Kalos Champion and Gym Leaders prepared for the new challengers of the season. No one knew what was going to happen, no one cared what was happening now.

A young man who was about to cross the threshold into adulthood was comfortable at home in his ignorant bliss. He didn't have a care in the world as acquaintances that he has known his entire life left home one by one, eager to finally prove themselves. He, on the other hand, had no interest in becoming Champion. The Pokémon League was full of crooks and fakes as far as he was concerned, so he stayed at home with his family, to train and become powerful on his own for the sake of his future.

He heard a voice call out to him, one that he recognized as his mother's. He left his room to hurry downstairs, his parents standing in the foyer along with a rather strange looking woman. His mother stood anxiously and his father looked as stone faced as ever, but even the young man could sense his father's anticipation.

"Mother, Father, what is going on?" He asked, his mother letting out a sigh as she gestured to the woman standing across from her.

"This woman has arrived to come collect you. Your father and I have signed a contract and paid the necessary fee for you to join an elite team for the betterment of the world. Isn't that right, Miss-"

"My name is not important, Madam Damirez. Your son shows great promise in furthering our cause, and I am sure my superior will be ever grateful for his service. However, you know what must happen now that you've signed him away." The woman said, the mother nodding reluctantly.

"Darling, you must go and pack your things. You will be leaving soon, and we don't want to keep your new superiors waiting, right?" She said, the young man frozen in shock at the words coming from his mother's mouth.

"Why are you doing this? I thought I was meant to stay here and assist at home, not go off to some far off place without even telling me where I'm even going!" He shouted, his father moving for the first time as he knelt down just the slightest bit to look into his son's eyes.

"Alexandre, listen to me very closely. Your mother and I have made up our minds to send you off. Some...dark times are almost upon us and this is the only way to keep you safe. These people are dangerous, but you must listen to every word they say if you want to stay alive, is that clear?" He whispered, the young man gulping as he nodded.

The father straightened, though he did not have much to move as the young man leaned to see the strange woman smiling serenely at him, as if she hadn't a care in the world.

"My superior has requested that you bring only your Pokémon and clothes to hide your face long enough to return to our headquarters. You will be provided whatever you may need once we arrive. We must stay discrete, as it is imperative to our safety, as well as your parents. You wouldn't want to endanger them, would you?" She asked with a grin, Alexandre refraining from frowning as he nodded once.

"Good, now run along, and be quick. My presence here has long been overstayed."

Alexandre walked back up to his room and grabbed the Poké Ball laying on his bed. He had others but he wasn't going to put them into needless danger, he only needed his most trusted partner for this.

He grabbed a coat and hat from his closet to hide his red hair and shadow his unnaturally bright eyes. His mother used to joke that he had the eyes of a cat, but those memories were long behind him.