Hector

"So Ford, are you sure that you are doing this for the money she gave you?" Carl asked before taking a sip of coffee.

I glanced at him and smiled, "Of course! And if I do fall in love with her then it's a win-win situation, right?" I said as I held my cup. "Life can't be this easy~"

I heard him scoff and he held my shoulder with a serious look on his face. Is this man in love with her? The twin brother of her soon-to-be husband? Are they attracted to the same people?

"Easy? What about Carlito? What will you do about that? Don't tell me that you think Hannah will fix that. Their family is Christians and a CEO of their OWN company. Do you think you'll win their hearts?" He said making me glance at him with annoyance.

Of course, I'll do my part in fixing the problem. I'm a somewhat broke loan shark but I have my connections. It's not that hard. And I won't kill anyone, of course, baby loves won't like that.

"Fine, let's say the problem has been solved and you can marry Hannah. Would you go to church every Sunday? Of your life?" He asked once again making me think.

Hmm, going to church? I've stopped going when my mother died but I guess it's doesn't hurt to go back. Maybe a sign from my mother!

"Sure," I said looking pleased and he just shook his head as he sighs. He walked towards the table and held onto the chair. Looking at him made me question, "Why are you even worried?"

He stared as if he was going to kill me. Did I do something wrong?

"Carl? Did I do something wrong? I don't remember so why don't you refreshen my mind?" I asked but he just grabbed his jacket and phone then left. "Goodnight Ford," was all he said making me confused.

I sighed knowing he always does this. He makes me realize my mistakes but this time, I feel like it's something big or I did something wrong that might kill me.

But who has time for that! I have to find some dirt on Carlito and the thing I have is that his family are really devoted Christians but he is just pretending for Hannah. That's not much since when I asked her about it, she knows.

It was getting late and the only light source was from the window in front of me. The only thing you could hear was the rain pouring down. My phone started ringing and I immediately answered it.

"What do you want?" I asked not interested. Damn, I thought it was my baby loves but it's this guy.

"I need you to help me win Hannah's heart," I sighed knowing that will never happen.

"And why would I do that? What do I get from this? Just because you're rich now–wait, you were still rich back then but who cares," I said sternly and as I was about to hang up he chuckled.

"I saw you with her acting clingy. Some people might say you're her actual boyfriend. But please help me for one last time, I know you're business is still on the brink of dying," he continued after laughing like a maniac.

I gritted my teeth in anger. Of course, he'll blackmail me with his own doing. I can't believe his revenge made me do this just to save my business but good thing I have a second job now.

"The job you will do is find who Hannah loves and bring him to me ALIVE," and why would I bring myself to you? "No thank you."

"Excuse me?" He was shocked that I declined his offer. Seriously, I kept declining his other offers and he's still shocked at it? Does he have dementia or something?

"I have something better to do, and maybe she'll fall in love with me instead if I help you," I told him, and before he could answer–I hung up on him and stretched my arms and legs. But even though I won't help him, she fell in love with me anyways.