[ - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 - ]

╔═════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════════╗

[ Present Day ]

I hit my alarm clock as I wearily sat up from my sleep. I groaned until I remembered I was going to see Camilo again today, since it was the weekend! We had finished rebuilding the Casita a few days ago but I didn't have the chance to see inside, since mis padres called me home to do chores. I live in a pretty average-sized house with my parents, my sisters and my abuela.

I jumped up up opened my closet. There I looked in a mirror at my shoulder-length dark, frizzy hair and my freckles that were dotted across my face. My skin tone is a little darker than Dolores's.

I then skipped over to my wardrobe picked out a white shirt with short but puffy sleeves with frilled ends on the arms. I also picked out a navy blue skirt with a white end that lengths out to just below my knees. I then glanced at the apricot coloured chameleon plushie, Cosmo, that Camilo had given me all those years ago when we first met. He even had his own little shelf just for him.

"Daniela! Waka up Catalina!" I heard my mother yell from the bottom of the stairs. Catalina is the oldest, she's twenty years old. Despite her being the oldest sister she's rather shy. However, she's quite artistic and spends most of her time in her room, painting, drawing or writing.

"Okay, Mamà!" I called out before looking back at Cosmo with a smile and shutting my wardrobe. I get along with Catalina the most, so I had no trouble waking her up. I lightly walked over to her room to not make much noise.

"Cattieee..." I cooed as I gently tapped on her door. "Time to get up..."

"Ughh... I'm up, I'm up." I heard her tiredly groan. I chuckled and went downstairs to where my abuela was making some arepas. I quickly grabbed two and said my good morning and goodbye to my family.

"Adiós, familia!" I grinned while grabbing my multicoloured messanger bag that was embroidered with different patches that were all different colours of the rainbow.

"¡Adiós, Daniela!" Emilia called out. "Just don't go kissing any boys. Especially not that Camilo. I've seen the way you are around that guy. You're still our baby sis!" She continued.

Emilia is the middle kid. She is seventeen and enjoys sports. She's particularly good at tennis, it's kinda her thing. She's pretty good friends with Luisa.

"¡Dios mío, Emilia! I'm fifteen for crying out loud!" I yelled back, rolling my eyes. "Besides, we're just friends. I don't like him that way. Also, you're one to talk, you had your first boyfriend at thirteen." I said a bit more quietly, looking down slightly.

"Whatever, sis. You're still our baby to me." She mumbled, crossing her arms. I laughed and left the house.

Okay, I'll admit that maybe I put a bit too much emphasis on that. 'Just friends' is a bit of an understatement. We've been best friends for ten years today. He's the closest friend I've ever had. I reached over to check my bag and... yep. It was still there. I marched along the pavement through the town, passing the markets and waving to the stall-owners. I wasn't extremely popular but I was friendly with a lot of the shop owners since I was always in there, buying something or other for the house.

I walked up to the new casita that immediately recognised me since I was over there all the time. The door waved at me.

"Hola, casita!" I said as I waved back. The door opened again, but this time it seemed like an actual person was opening it. I saw Camilo on the other side.

"A lot more spacious now, I see.." I muttered to myself with a sly smirk on my face, looking past Camilo inside the casita to tease him.

"Hola to you too, Dani." He sighed as I walked past, following me inside.