[ - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 - ]

╔═════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════════╗

I woke up the next morning at 11:30 am on what didn't feel like a mattress. I looked next to me and realised I was sleeping on Camilo's chest. I don't remember falling asleep there but I quickly sat up, waking Camilo in the process. Unfortunately for us, this made it look like I was straddling him.

"Hmmm..." Camilo hummed and rubbed his eyes. "Good mo-" He froze, looking at me in this position. "Morning, Dani." He mumbled, looking up at me.

"Camilo, I'm sorry, it's not what it looks like-!" I began, but he cut me off.

"I know, I know, I was the one who put you on my chest." He sighed, getting up slightly and leaning on his elbows.

"Why?" I inquired.

"You wouldn't stop wriggling around in your sleep, the only way for me to restrict your movements was to put you on top of me, as wrong as that sounds." He explained.

"That was the only thing you could think of?" I asked, unamused.

"It was like, 2:00am! I didn't know what was right!" He defended himself. Right at that moment, as if we were in a crappy sitcom, Antonio walked in.

"Camilo? Mamì told me to wake you and Daniela up." He said, letting himself in and wandering around, before looking at us. "What are you doing?" He asked us with a puzzled look. Realising that I was still on top of Camilo, I quickly jumped off him and kneeled next to him on the bed instead as he sat up, that pink tint from yesterday showing again.

"Nothing, Antonio." He spoke after a very long, awkward pause. "Just... don't tell Mamì about what you saw, okay?"

"Okay..." He replied, suspiciously before walking out and closing the door. Camilo and I looked at each other and panicked. We ran downstairs but by the time we got down there it was too late. Antonio tugged on Pepa's dress and whispered something in her ear which made a thunder cloud appear over her head. Fèlix asked her what was wrong and she told him.

"Camilo!" What did I tell you, hijo?" Pepa furiously asked, stomping over to us and pointing his finger at him.

"Huh? Antonio, tìo Fèlix, what's going on?" Mirabel inquired, looking at the two of them.

"Antonio has just told your tìa Pepa that Camilo and Daniela slept together." He said a little louder than he meant to, but Mirabel was the only one to hear him clearly. "At least, that's what Pepa said he told her." Mirabel looked at us, shocked.

"Sorry, tìo Fèlix, what did you say to Mirabel?" Isabela leaned closer to them with a confused look on her face.

"Daniela was on top of Camilo, that's all I saw." Antonio practically shouted. If only he knew what all of this meant. Everyone else turned to stare at us, dumbfounded.

"Wait-! I can explain!" Camilo yelled, his face being the same colour as a tomato at that point. "She fell asleep on me, so when she woke up she was in... that position." He explained, embarrassed.

"Excuses, excuses..." Mirabel giggled, twirling a piece of her brown hair around her index finger.

"I think they're telling the truth, Mamà." Dolores defended, yawning. "I was up pretty late last night, I would of heard them." She added sleepily.