Side Story 9( Take Pride In)

Raon and Hong were at Eurahben-Nim's house while On was away on work. I thought it would be the best chance to spend some time with Cale. Since today's schedule wasn't so packed I had decided to invite him for lunch outside.

[It's been a while Duchess Violan .] (Edro)

I had taken Cale to 'A Place Of Warmth' for lunch.

[indeed. I hope Lily frequently visits her Master unlike a bad student like me. ]

He had taught me swordsmanship and Lily had become his disciple as well.

[She and Young Master visit quite often and even help me in the kitchen most of the time. ] (Edro)

[You should retire already since you have successors to this restaurant .] ( Cale)

[huhu. I heard from Hans that you had bought an amazing place for me as my birthday surprise. ] (Edro)

[That cheeky butler! ] (Cale)

They were quite friendly with each other so they must have been meeting quite frequently.

Soon he led us to our table and we were served our food. It was very delicious despite its low cost.

[Isn't this place great? It's cheap too. I bring the kids here sometimes. ] (Cale)

[indeed. I do remember him being good in cooking but not to this extent.]

After we paid for the food we headed out of the restaurant.

[..eh..is that..you Violan?]

A voice called for me when we were walking through the alley.

She had black hair and was accompanied by a few others.

[who are you? And how dare you address me like that? ]

[I am Rina! We were partners when we both were newbies! ] (Rina)

She said but I had no memory of such a person. I took out a magic device and send a message to the nearest Knight Squad while she was still going on.

[Is it a new kind of scam? And she dares to try it on the Duchess. Must be crazy.] ( Cale)

He sighed as he stepped in front of me and created some distance between us and the crazy lady.

[ah! I heard you married to a noble and it was the Head of the Henituse House! Lucky you!] ( Rina)

This person is truly insignificant. But her choice of words made me remember some unpleasant things.

[and since his wife was dead you were able to come to the family as a wife and not a concubine. You have two children and you're a Henituse. And could this be the Hero Cale Henituse? The Hero must be ashamed of having to call you Mother right? Since you are just someone who-hiiik! ] ( Rina)

Her continuous attempts of slander stopped midway as she fell down. It seemed her legs gave up. The others accompanying her were also down.

[What nonsense is this crazy bitch spouting?] (Cale)

He must be using one of his ancient powers on them. It must be very powerful since even Edro came running out of his restaurant with a sword. After a while the Knights arrived and took them away, it seems they were in possession of narcotics. I should stricken security around the territory.

On the way back home we didn't talk much. And as we were about to part our ways.

[I am sorry about earlier. I know it wasn't necessary to step in but I felt that I should. I won't tolerate anyone that slanders you. It's immature of me but please understand. ] ( Cale)

He was flustered. He shrugged his shoulders as he avoided eye contact with me and showed his back to me.

Honestly speaking I wasn't affected by that unknown lady's words. It wasn't the first time I heard such words since the nobles were same as that lady too. But..

[thank you for standing up for me,Son. ]

I felt like complimenting this child. I patted his head softly.

[you're a good son, Cale.]

the kids were happy when Cale who was like their parent patted their heads and complimented him. I'm not your biological mother..but I consider you as my own son . Is it too insolent of me to hope you would be happy just like how Raon Hong and On were when you patted their heads like this ? I couldn't see his face since he had his back towards me but..

[..aren't I too old for this?..Mother? ] ( Cale)

His voice was a bit shaky and he faked coughing to maintain his composure.

[any ways. I'll be heading back first, mother. ] ( Cale)

He quickly walked ahead inside the House. It was short. But I caught a glimpse of his smiling face. I could feel a smile forming on my face as well as I saw the child walking ahead.

I'm Violan Henituse . I'm a very proud mother of three lovely children and wife of a loving husband and I take pride in my Henituse Family.