Side Story 10(Little By Little)

[Take that and get lost]

The red haired person had thrown some neatly packed bread towards us and headed to the man-eating tree ignoring our warnings. We were starving and very tired from running here and there from the Tribe. So I didn't think much and urged my sister On to leave after taking the bread.

That was the first time I met with Cale Henituse.

[We're back, human!!!] ( Raon)

My little brother Raon barged into Cale's room as soon as we returned to the territory.

[He's still sleeping! ]

I exclaimed as I followed after him inside the room. Cale was still asleep even though it was already afternoon.

[Humu! As expected of our human! To ignore my great entry and still be sleeping even when the sun's already up! ] ( Raon)

He fluttered his wings as he settled on the big bed. I also jumped on the bed and sat beside him.

[let's quickly separate the snacks we got from Grandpa Eurabhen while Cale is still asleep.!]

I whispered to Raon who nodded with a serious expression as he quickly started to unload the snacks from his dimensional space.

[we should ask for more next time. Goldie Gramps can't eat all of it since he's old.] (Raon)

I nodded as I helped him separate the snacks.

[You kids are back, huh? ] (Cale)

As soon as I heard Cale's voice, I quickly jumped in front of him to divert his attention.

[a-ah! You're awake! Good morning! ]

I flailed my arms as I tried to buy some time for Raon while he puts all the snacks away into the dimensional space.

[*yawn..Eurabhen-nim gave you quite a lot of snack this time too huh. ] ( Cale)

It seems Raon was done as he flew in front of Cale confidently.

[w-what snacks are you talking about human? Maybe you're still sleepy? You should sleep more!] ( Raon)

I also nodded agreeing with him but Cale just smirked at our efforts.

[make sure you eat those snacks in moderation. Or else I will confiscate them and tell Eurabhen-nim to not send you with snacks. ] (Cale)

[ehhh~~alright..]

We have to agree to his conditions. Or he really will tell Grandpa Eurabhen to not send us snacks.

Raon unloaded all of the snacks from his dimensional space while I helped him sort them out.

Suddenly I felt a hand patting my head softly.

[Welcome back. Did you have fun at Eurabhen-nim's place? ] ( Cale)

He was also patting Raon's head.

[That's right! Human! We went to a water fall with him and...] ( Raon)

Raon excitedly told about the time we spent at Grandpa Eurabhen's. Cale only replied with a few 'Oh?'s and 'sounds fun' but he was properly listening to Raon.

There are many instances of him that I remember from the past but the ones that always stood out the most to me were how he was either coughing up blood and helping others or just passing out for weeks after helping others. . So seeing him just laze around like this feels somewhat nice and right.

[Cale! Here eat this! I love this snack! ]

I rolled my most favorite snack towards him with my head.

[You know On doesn't like it when you guys spoil me like this? ] (Cale)

He smirked as he took the snack and ate it.

[Hehe since Noona isn't here it is fine! ]

[Right! It's okay if it's in moderation! ] ( Raon)

He agreed as well and handed his favorite snack to Cale.

Cale chuckled as he took the snack and started eating it.

I have been on the receiving end and I still am. But little by little like this, I want to do my best to be on the giving side too. Little by little so he won't find it unnatural. Little by little so I will be able to properly and fully express  my gratitude and affection to him for handing out his helping hand to me and letting me in this warm family.

As if reading my mind, Raon nodded to me.

[Human! We also went..]

Together we talked about all the adventurers we had with Grandpa Eurabhen as Cale ate the snacks we handed to him.