||2||

"I'm getting married to a prince."

The words needed some time to sink in before Vienna understood what they meant. What her sister said this afternoon now made sense. "Mother said as the oldest I have to be more responsible, whatever that means"

Vienna didn't want this to happen, she wanted to stay young and carefree with her sister. Go horse riding whenever they wanted, do whatever they want. But that wasn't going to happen. She knew her sister had to face her duties eventually and she had to too, but not now. Not so fast. Her sister was getting married, she was going to be a queen. And Vienna couldn't change that.

"I'm sorry, what?" Vienna asked in disbelief. "Mother arranged the marriage, I'll be going to Telmar, to meet him, after that I'll marry him and become a queen." Celia said. A part of Celia was relieved, she was going to rule and she was going to have heirs. She was going to be a queen. That's what she was always meant to do. But she wasn't sure she was satisfied with who she was marrying.

Vienna felt anger rising up inside her. Each wave stronger than the one before. Her only sister was going to leave her. What was she going to do without her?
"Why are you so okay with this? You don't even know who he is!" Vienna said getting more upset by the second.
How does her sister stay so calm in this situation? If this happened to Vienna, she would lose it. She would feel like her freedom was being taken away from her.
"Because now, I'll be able to do the things I was always meant to do. I was meant to rule the second I was born, don't you understand?" Celia said, getting bothered about the fact that Vienna couldn't understand the situation.
"No of course I don't understand! You're letting mother take away your chance at freedom, at finding true love at having your own adventure! Why can't you see that?"

Finding true love has always been one of the most important things for Vienna and to see her sister not getting that chance, made her upset. All she wants for her sister is for her to be happy. There is no way she'll be happy when she doesn't even have true love, Vienna thought.

Vienna's cozy bedroom all of a sudden seemed at lot less cozy. Everything suddenly felt colder when her and her sister were arguing. It always felt like that.

"My chance at freedom? Vienna, this is what I always wanted! You don't understand and you never will." Celia scoffed. "I knew this would happen. I knew how you would react. You don't understand someone's mind because you're so convinced that your way is the only way. You push people too much. You don't understand boundaries. You make everything about yourself, you overstep until people suffocate. Ever wondered why Amelia stopped being your friend? Maybe it's because you suffocated her, like so many others!" Celia finally yelled out, entirely done with Vienna and her behavior. It had always bothered her and now she finally decided to say something about it.

Amelia. Her best friend, Amelia. A simple girl from a farmers family whom Vienna coincidentally met one day. Ever since then, they always played together. They made an agreement to go to their special spot everyday at the same hour to play together. Until one day Amelia stopped coming to their spot. Vienna didn't give up so she still went every day after for a few weeks, in hopes of a sight of her best friend. A sight at a normal life like a normal girls was supposed to live. And everyday she was met with the disappointment until eventually Vienna gave up and didn't bother to go anymore. She never saw her again.

Tears welled up in Vienna's eyes. She couldn't believe what her sister just said to her. Was this what Celia thought of her? Was this what everyone thought of her?
She never meant to come across that way. Yes she loved being social and being able to talk to people, but she never had the intention to make people feel like her opinion was the only opinion. To make people feel like they were suffocating.