||7||

Everything was black.
Whatever potion Trufflehunter gave Vienna, it worked. She continued to slip in and out of consciousness.
While Vienna was fast asleep, in her own world of thoughts and dreams, Trufflehunter and Nikarbrik carried a second person inside their small home. A man, with a wound on his head. That man blew the horn which would call the Kings and Queens of Old back. 4 siblings that helped Aslan fight against the dark, evil white witch. And they succeeded, not only was Narnia free again but the four Pevensies also gained fame and respect. They were known all over Narnia. Even hundreds of years later they were still known everywhere in the nation. And Vienna was an example of the fact that their stories lived through decades. She was taught everything she needed to know about the Kings and Queens and the battle of Narnia that had passend decades ago.

While the 2 Narnians were back in their living room after taking care of a certain prince, Vienna started to gain her consciousness back. She sat upright on the small bed and rubbed her eyes. At first she didn't know where she was. It looked like a carved out tree from the inside. Like the drawings she'd seen in her books as a kid. And then it hit her. She was not where she was supposed to be. She was in a forest. Now everything that happened hit her like a tidal wave. 2 Narnians helped her- to her big surprise because she didn't even know they existed. They fed her and the badger made her drink something- the rest of her memories were gone.
Her bright eyes widened in realization and shock. She got drugged without realizing it. Without thinking twice she sprinted out of the room and made a beeline for the door. But the dwarf had fast reflexes and stopped her. A dagger in his hand, ready to strike whenever necessary
"Don't you dare." Nikabrik said.
"Oh, so now all of a sudden you want me to stay? I thought the task of being a caretaker was to much for you?" Vienna spat angrily.
"Change of plans."
He said pointing his sword dangerously close to her stomach.
"Nikabrik stop it you're going to hurt the girl!" Trufflehunter said. He, out of all people, or you know- narnians wasn't the one who needed to intervene.
"Don't talk like you didn't just drug me." Vienna answered. He shouldn't be saying anything. She thought he was a sweet badger who couldn't hurt a fly, guess she was wrong.

Heavy footsteps interrupted the heated argument. And an all too known face made it's appearance. Vienna's eyes widened. Nikabrik immediately focused on the man and pointed his sword at him. This would be the moment for Vienna to escape, but she didn't. She couldn't. The young man went for the fireplace to grab a metal rod to defend himself against Nikabrik , pushing the badger with a bowl of soup in his hand over in the process. He focused on not getting himself hurt to realise that a known figure stood by the door.
"Caspian?"
Vienna's eyes were wide in shock.
Hearing that specific voice he so desperately wanted to hear again, made his head turn at a speed he thought he would get a whiplash. He couldn't believe who he saw. It was her. Alive and well.
On pure instinct, he flew across the room and pulled her in a tight hug. Not caring that he was still in an unknown house with possible enemies. The news that spread around the castle like a wildfire about a certain princess that fled the castle into the woods certainly didn't make him feel at ease. And knowing now she was okay made his heart do a flip of joy.

Vienna on the other hand was surprised she received a hug in such a bizarre situation.
When the two parted she stared into his dark eyes. Asking a thousand questions in her mind about what could've happened. He seemed to read her mind and spoke up.
"I'll tell you later."

"I told you we should have killed him when we had the chance." The small man spoke. Words dripping from his mouth like venom. "You know why we can't" defended Trufflehunter.
"If were taking a vote, I'm with him." Caspian said. He preferred getting out of this little mess alive. Being killed by narnians didn't look that pleasant and it wouldn't help the situation with his greedy uncle at all.
Nikabrik argued again. About them, narnians being seen by Telmarines. Hitting the metal rod Caspian was holding again. Trufflehunter intervened again, but this time with good timing.
Caspian couldn't help but let his eyebrows twist in confusion.
"What are you?"
"You know, it's funny that you would ask that, I think people know a badger when they see one."
Vienna let a small smile grace her lips. It was very quick, the smile dissapearing with the wind within seconds. She found it humourous that the badger was able to crack a joke under these circumstances.
"No- no, I mean, you're narnians. You're supposed to be extinct." Caspian looked at Vienna for confirmation that she was confused as at him. Vienna looked back at Caspian and give him a small smile, signalling it was all going to be alright. The moment was short lived as Nikabrik felt the need to ruin it with one of his sarcastic bitebacks.
"Sorry to dissapoint ya."

Trufflehunter walked back over and put a bowl of soup on the table. "Here, still hot."
Vienna eyed the soup suspiciously. "You might want to skip the soup, you wouldn't want to be drugged now would you?" At those words Caspian turned his head at Vienna, whose eyes only seemed to be speaking the truth.
Those little bastards. His gaze hardened and his eyes got a dangerous glint. He was not happy about hearing that.

The badger seemed to notice.
"Don't worry, it's just soup. We needed to calm you down, that's all. I promise."
Nikabrik wasn't having anything of this conversation. "Since when did we open a boarding house for Telmarine soldiers?"
Oh.
They didn't know anything. She wouldn't expect it, they lived in a tree. Not exactly the place where gossip is shared.
"I'm no soldier." Caspian said standing up from his sitting position.
"I am Prince Caspian, the tenth." Standing tall, back straightened like a royal person just entered the room. He radiated confidence, determination and courage. Like a future king of Narnia would have. And in that moment Vienna realised that there would be no better king for Narnia than the one standing right before her.

The two narnians had dumbfounded looks on their faces. In another situation, she would've laughed out loud. But for now she stayed quiet.
Caspian explained them everything, from the birth of his nephew to the fleeing part. And funny enough even Nikabrik seemed to withdraw.
"Well, that changes things."
"Yeah, means we don't have to kill you ourselves."
Realisation seeped onto Caspians face. Pulling Vienna up in a rush. Trufflehunter panicked.
"What are you doing?"
"My uncle won't rest until i'm dead. So we better get moving." He grabbed Vienna's hand and pulled her towards the door.
"Wait! You can't leave! You're meant to save us! Don't you know what this is?"
Trufflehunter motioned to the table. It was an object. An object Vienna never thought she'd see with her own eyes. She only saw this in her books. She couldn't believe it.

It was Queen Susan's horn.

————————-
So I decided to crawl out from underneath my rock lol.
I'll try to update more frequent, but for now, peace out 🫶✌️