||4||

A knock could be heard on the other side of Vienna's door. She flinched at the sound and slowly opened her eyes. Only to  squeeze her brown eyes shut again when too much light invaded her pupils.
"Your Majesty, it's time to wake up. You have a long journey ahead today." Could be heard on the other side of the door. Vienna groaned and rolled onto her back. "Ok, thankyou." She said loud enough for the maid to hear.
She was careful not to call the maid by her name. Knowing herself, this early in the morning her brain wasn't fully awake. Which would lead to naming the wrong person and potentially insulting someone. People in Calormen would be very insulted by such a thing. She wanted to avoid that so she kept it at a "thank you".

Looking outside, Vienna didn't see the usual bright colours of the sunrise in the sky, instead she saw a few stars and a dark blue sky. Indicating that sunrise could soon be seen.

While she was getting ready for the journey she noticed that her suitcase was missing. The maids had probably taken it to put it in the carriage already, Vienna thought, not putting further attention to the odd detail.

As Vienna strolled through the hallways, her bordeaux dress slightly hitting the floor, she saw her father at the end of the hallway.
Vienna fastened her pace, she would make sure she would say goodbye to her father before leaving and apologize to him. She felt sorry for her father, the king of Calormen was not able to meet the man his firstborn daughter was supposed to marry thanks to his wife. It was a very important moment and him not being there to support his daughter broke Vienna's heart. Instead she went in his place. She couldn't imagine how he must be feeling.
Hearing the sound of footsteps approaching, King Gibor of Calormen turned his head. A small smile could be seen on his lips as his youngest appeared in his line of sight.
"Ah look who's here." The king said kissing the top of Vienna's head. She smiled a little. "Good morning father." Vienna replied.

"How did you sleep dear?" Vienna's father asked. "mmh, I slept okay. What about you?" The young brunette asked. A sigh sneaked past his lips.
"Not so good, but don't worry."
Those words made Vienna's heart ache. She knew why he slept so bad and she wanted to stay here, in the comfort of her castle and let her father go but instead she was unlucky. Fate had to be against her again.

"Father, forgive me, it was never my intention to head to Telmar in your place."
"Vienna dear, listen to me." Said king Gibor while grabbing Vienna's shoulders to make sure she was paying attention. "I do not blame you. Not in the slightest. Don't feel guilty about something that you didn't decide."
Ofcourse king Gibor wasn't happy that he wasn't going to Telmar. But seeing his daughter feel guilty about something that was not her decision, it saddened him. He didn't want his youngest to think it was her fault.
"Your majesty, it's time to go." A voice interrupted the pair's conversation.
Vienna sighed. "That's my cue."
She hugged her father one more time. "Take care Vienna." The man said and to Vienna's surprise, he hugged her again. Why he did that became crystal clear. While hugging her King Gibor whispered something in her ear. "And don't trust the people you usually trust."
What was that supposed to mean? Who was he hinting at?
He let go and gave Vienna a small smile before turning away and walking off to do the duties a king does. While his steps echoed in the large hallway, leaving the girl's head in a state of confusion.

Vienna moved towards the big doors that led to the front of the castle while the ends of her bordeaux dress flowed after her. Her mother and sister were already seated in the carriage. Vienna had to suppress a scoff.
Typical.
Ofcourse they're already in the beautiful, luxurious carriage.
She prefferd to climb on her horse now and go to Telmar like that instead of being spoiled and lazily sitting in a carriage while someone else is making a great effort to keep them moving. She also woudn't have to sit in a small space with the two people she would like to see the least right now.

Reluctantly she got into the carriage. Only to be met with the judging looks of her mother and sister. Her mother looking at her like that probably because of what she's wearing and her sister looking at her like that because they were in an argument 24 hours before. Vienna just ignored them and turned her head to look out the window, looking at her home one more time. Leaving the safety of her castle behind her not knowing that her own personal adventure was awaiting her, the carriage rode away.
Destination?
The kingdom of Telmar.

≈≈≈
The journey was long and exhausting. Spending the days reading, sketching the view or sleeping, Vienna started to feel dirty in her clothes and wanted nothing more to take a break to splash some water in her face. She wanted to freshen up and get rid of this dull feeling.
She currently was engulfed in a book. While her mother and sister were chatting away. They hadn't said anything much to her beside some snarky remarks. But Vienna ignored it. It took her all her willpower, but she ignored it. She didn't want any consequences if she dared to open her mouth. Because maybe, just maybe if she behaved herself she could convince her mother to leave early? She really hoped it.

A few hours later the road made of gravel gave way to cobblestones. This was a sign that they were enterring a village. A bit of hope sparked in her. She hoped to be redeemed from this exhausting trip. But there was a possibility this was just another village they were just passing through. Eventually the horses slowed down and came to a halt in a courtyard. Looking through the window, she saw the outline of a castle.
They finally arrived.
She wasn't happy to arrive in Telmar but she was relieved to finally be out of that cramped carriage.
Stepping out after her mother and sister she was met with a few people. Guard, advisers and family of prince Caspian, she learned. She looked around, observing the new view she had to get used to for a while. She realized that with all the daydreaming she hadn't noticed a young man walking towards her. Now towering above her. He was muscular, everyone could see that and had dark brow locks that almost reached his shoulders. He was not older than 20, she guessed.
Hovering above her, she also found beautiful dark brown eyes, almost black looking at her. She found it quite mesmerizing to stare into them. They reminded her of her paintings of the night sky she made, back in Calormen.

Vienna lifted her hand, like her mother taught her to do if she would meet a man while the young prince took her hand softly and gave it a kiss, not daring to look anywhere but her eyes. His hands felt soft but had some indications that he wasn't the type to sit on his lazy arse all day. There was something to him, a feeling that was luring Vienna into getting to know the man who stood in front of her. The prince felt it too. They both just didn't realize and know what it was yet.

"Prince Caspian, the thenth. Welcome to Telmar princess...?"
"Vienna. Vienna of Calormen" She responded. "Pleasure to meet you, princess Vienna from Calormen." Prince Caspian said, his accent indicating that he was not from the same side of Narnia as she was.
"The pleasure is all mine" Vienna smiled.
A small smile crept upon the prince's lips as he observed Vienna's face. He thought her eyes were beautiful. Brown with hints of green and yellow in. He found eyes so important. By simply looking in them, a person could discover so much.

Vienna's mother, queen Catherine cleared her throat and the prince's eyes snapped towards the older lady and her oldest daughter.
Caspian cleared his throat being reminded that he wasn't meant to focus on Vienna but on her sister and took a step back.
"I welcome you all in Telmar. You must all be so tired from the journey so you can rest in your quarters. After that I invite you to a welcome dinner this evening." The prince said. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go. It was a pleasure meeting you all." Prince Caspian said, turning away giving Vienna a last glance before marching towards the castle. Dissapearing behind two large black doors.

The castle itself was something Vienna had never seen. She found that the castles in Calormen were built different, had different colors and shapes.
A guard gestured to follow after him to the sleeping quarters of the visitors. Guiding them through different hallways they arrived at their quarters. The queen and her daughters each had a room of their own.
Thankfully, Vienna thought.
"This is your room , your majesty." The guard said while turning his key in the lock of the wooden door. Vienna walked through the entrance of the room as she admired her chamber. It was truly beautiful. Her room was simple yet beautifully decorated, with the sun shining through it looked even more magical. It had a balcony with the view of the Telmarine landscape.
"Your suitcase will be here soon, enjoy your stay." The guard behind her said as he closed the door and left.
Vienna sat down on her bed and sighed.

She could've been in worse situations, right?

——————————
AN:
Way to ruin the moment queen Catherine 🙄