continuing the letter (shirbert)

Dear Gilbert,

I look like my mother...those words sound even more wondrous and romantical, seeing it written on paper like this! After you left, Matthew and Marilla gifted me with my lifetime wish; a book that my mother and father left when they moved to Canada: The Language of Flowers. It sounds beautiful, doesn't it? I'm ever so ecstatic, I can't even express this all in words... for starters, Walter and Bertha Shirley were very romantic people, so I finally know where I get that from. It has been my greatest wish to know who came before me, my ancestry, my parents...and I couldn't find a better ending to my story than this. It's truly been an adventure, filled with laughter, tears, happiness, sorrow, and everything in between, yet I wouldn't trade it for the world.

And that, even in my wildest dreams, I would've never imagined my first kiss to be that mind-blowing and so, so... magical. I've been repeatedly pinching myself, scared to find out that it's just been another one of my imaginations. You've truly given me more than I bargained for... those moments were perfect. As to quote a particular romance novel, "We are all fools in love," and perhaps it's true... because Gilbert Blythe, I'm afraid I'm terribly and scandalously in love with you. I still wonder how Diana was able to persuade you in such a way that you quite literally ran off the train in Charlottetown, but whatever it was, I wish I could've seen it. And; before I forget; did you see the look on the Barrys' faces before you climbed into the carriage and left? No doubt that the news will be spread around Avonlea tomorrow, courtesy of a certain Mrs. Rachel Lynde. I don't think I got my tragical romance, but I have something much better. Maybe Madam Lyudmila was right... I'll explain later. I know that you've just left and everything, but do tell me, is it selfish to wish that you were still here, for more of your warm touch and embrace? But there shall always be "suitors may only be seen in the parlor, on Saturdays, between 2:00 and 4:00," right?

I hope you're all blowing them away in Toronto! How are the sights, the people, everything? I can't wait for your responses, as it seems like forever before we are finally able to meet again. I should go now, as it's getting late, and with this, I bid you adieu.

Forever and always,

your Anne with an E