The gift from the apprentice.

Sucrose woke up to the birds chriping and the sun breezing.
She yawned and stretched her hands. "Oh wait? Today must be the day of the royale ball."

Sucrose wasn't a part of nobility or anything such. She was a girl from a certain village, she lived in a small cottage with her granny and grandpa. Then there was of course her childhood friend albedo but he worked with her dad at a clock tower near her house. Albedo and her father would do alchemy together. She herself loved alchemy it was one of her favourite things besides reading fairytales.

But hey lets get back in the story about the royale Ball is an royale activity held by the queen and the royale family of mondstadt kingdom. The ball is spent every year when the queen has her birthday. To be apart of the baal you have to be over 16. Sucrose turned 16 a few months ago.

I'm so happy to wear my moms dress to the ball. Sucrose thought while getting up from her bed.
She put on a cheap cottage dress and brushed her hair quickly.

She ran downstairs to see her granny make a amulet for breakfast. "Good morning sucrose."
The old lady turned to her and smiled.
"Good morning." Sucrose smiled and walked outside. "Where are you going? the ball isn't close to starting yet." Granny shouted.
"Oh I'm going to say good morning to Albedo."
She said and left before granny could say anything.

Outside there was a certain someone wearing a white button up that's a little dirty and some shorts holding a box.
Sucrose ran to him. "Good morning Albedo"
She said with a smile. Albedo just handed her the gift "Take this it's from your dad" he said handing her the gift. "Are you not gonna say good morning back!?" She said putting her hands on her hips. Usually sucrose wasn't a person to defend herself but with Albedo it's different she doesn't seem shy around him since they have been childhood friends for a long time.

"I'm sorry, good morning Sucrose." Said albedo scratching his head. She smiled and took the gift. "Wait why did father get me this.? It's the queen's birthday not mine.?" She looked at albedo blankly. "I don't know but I suggest you to open it and not stare at it blankly." Her cheeks heated up. She opened the box revealing a golden necklace with a green orb on it. "A necklace? For me? But why?" She crooked her head in confusion. The necklace is so petty I wonder where father got it from.
"I don't know. But I have to go now." He started walking.

Sucrose grabbed his hand pulling him back her way which made his eyes wide. "Don't go I'm not done talking with you."
Albedo stared back at her in confusion.
"So today is the ball and I am gonna go there. And what I am saying is that.. maybe you wanna.. yk? C-come there w-with m-m-me?" Her stuttering hit her again how stupid she was.
Sucrose thought to herself being very flustered.
"I would have to decline sorry. I am gonna do work here, those balls are stupid anyways." Said Albedo.

Sucrose could feel the feeling of rejection and soon teardrops forming in her eye Does he have anything against the ball maybe the queen. this isn't him or am I just not good enough?
"Fine! Guess I will dance with someone e-else..!" Sucrose ran away.

"No wait!" Albedo could only shout but the girl was already away. Albedo sighed and thought ugh what have you done. you idiot. He then walked away.

Back with sucrose.

She ran in her room crying.
"I should stop crying. The day can still be good." She looked at the necklace again it was still shining.
Maybe I could wear this as a accessory to the baal?

Time skip to 3pm

"Sucrose get ready for the baal!"
Granny shouted.

Sucrose walked to her closet taking out her dress. The dress was a white dress that had a flowers all over it.

She put her dress on it looked gorgeous but she wasn't done yet.
She let her hair free and brushed it once again. And added a white bow in her hair. She hardly has her hair open since it gets in the way.

 She hardly has her hair open since it gets in the way

Lastly she put on the green necklace.

Sucrose ran outside seeing a carriage with one of her friends inside "I-i'm sorry for being l-late."

"It's okay you're only a minute late." Said the girl sitting next to her with twirls in her hair and a purple dress it was Barbara. Barbara had been friends with Sucrose for about a year now. 

Sucrose knew Barbara was here to see the future queen and the royale family.

Sucrose looked outside of the carriage. "T-This is like a f-fairy tale a p-poor girl-l turns into a p-princess." Sucrose said jokingly.
"Huh? Not this stuff again." Barbara said sighing.

Sucrose was always seen weird by the other people since she read a lot of fairy tales and because of her ears. Albedo was the only person who never made fun of those two things actually he enjoys it when sucrose reads fairytales to her.

A/N: so this is the end of the first chapter and I need help I am gonna make it that in the next part sucrose dances with a prince from the royale family but this prince is kinda of gonna be the person albedo is jealous of and who should this be? The only person I have in mind rn is Kaeya or Tommy.