Consolation

Camilo felt tired. Irrelevant. On top of it all, so goddamn stupid. If only he didn't get caught, he wouldn't be feeling like shit.

He knew there was company in his room. Mirabel and Dolores, to be exact. He didn't know what to say. He knew they'd ask what was wrong, but they'd think he's such a fool.

That Isabela was right. Right about everything she said a couple moments ago.

“Hey, primo, or prima, whichever you want, but nonetheless-- what's wrong..?” Asked Mirabel, inching beside him, Dolores did as well.

The effort his prima was trying to make made him smile slightly, but it wasn't enough to make the tears fade. Seconds after smiling, the weak expression he had held reappeared back on his face. He became silent, the only sounds escaping his sounds escaping his mouth were sobs.

“Cmon, Cami.-- It's okay, we're here to listen to what's going on-!” Dolores mumbled softly to her sibling, sitting at his other side.

Camilo shook his head for no, denying the help he was being offered. He didn't want to be more of a joke and burden to the family Madrigal. He wiped some tears with an end of his runa, eyes closed.

Dolores held up Camilo's face. She could see how upset and worn out he was.

“Please..-”

Now he felt utterly guilty. Guilt for  not opening up when they asked. Now they were more worried. He didn't want them to worry about him, he didn't want anyone to worry about him. He was a waste any ways, there wasn't a use wasting breaths on him.

The shapeshifter looked in Mirabel's eyes. She gave him a comforting nod and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Giving him a little smile that he bounced back to her.

“It's.. It's Isabela--. I just wanted to borrow some of her makeup, because it makes me feel good-! And.. S-she caught me.-”

Comforting looks on Mirabel and Dolores' faces developed into rather angry and upset expressions. Especially his cousin.

“What did she say.” A stern tone laced his prima's voice.

Camilo had hardly heard Mirabel like this. It was intimidating. He only heard her talk in this way with Abuela.. That one time, when Casita had crumbled. It was honestly kind of scary.

“She laughed at me..- For wanting to use makeup and that it feels nice on me--.. Isabela wrapped me tightly in her vines too.-”

Dolores let out one of her usual squeaks, surprise and fury both spread on her face. Mirabel gritted her teeth a bit.

As the two had negative expressions, Camilo showed them both his wrists, red from the vines. The two gasped.

The oldest quickly rose from her position. With that, she stormed to the door as well. Camilo didn't even try to stop his sister. He knew when she wanted to do something, nothing could stop her.

“Camilo, Mirabel. Please stay here. I need to have a talk with Isabela.” Dolores let out her statement quickly as she opened the door.

The two nodded as they saw the eldest evacuate the room and her head towards Isabela's room.

Mirabel enveloped Camilo into a comforting hug. The shapeshifter looked at his prima and weakly reciprocated the hug back. Tears still welled in his tired eyes.

“I don't even know who I am anymore-..”

“It's gonna be okay.-- I'm here...”