3. Charlie

I came home to find I still had time left before sundown.

Charlie would be home soon, so I rushed to make his dinner and wrap up my leftover homework. I could see myself easily falling into the grind of school life, and I actually thanked the opportunity to be out of this hell hole of a house.

Suddenly, the slamming of a car door caught my attention. I wasn't done with his dinner, and I knew he'd be upset. The slam of the front door and shuffle of his boots told me he had stopped at the bar on the way home too.

I shivered in fear.

"Isabella, you get your sorry ass down here!" He hollered, before I dashed down the stairs to meet him. His eyes were blazing red and he swayed slightly where he stood. Before I knew it he had me by the hair, slammed up against the wall.

"What the hell do you call this shit? Where's my fucking dinner you slut?!" I cringed into the wall, afraid to speak. He slammed me again and again.

"Answer me you whore!" He screamed. I whimpered.

"I-I was j-just-" I started before he threw me to the ground with one punch. I could feel my ribs cracking as he kicked me repeatedly, moving to grab his belt. I screamed and fought as best as I could, but my shirt was ripped off my body and I was pinned to the ground by his heavy boot.

Blood splattered the floor as he whipped me until I couldn't breathe, 17 times before everything went black.