[Chapter 6: One. Last. Chance.]

[TW: Harsh Language, Slight NSFW, Suicidal Thoughts]

MAURAS POV

I haven't spoken to her In days now. I wonder if she misses me, or thinks about me any. Probably not. She's probably already kissing Lana at the lockers again. My dad drank constantly, and was on anti-depressants. He'll lose his job soon, which means me and my mother will be stranded. My mom went through what I did as well, but she dealt with it better, and was able to calm him.
Another message from August. I read it, 'I miss you. Please forgive me, Maura.' I ignore it. I woke up at 5:30, unable to sleep. My dad was on the couch passed out, and my mom slept in their room. An hour passes and I put on grey sweatpants and a Black T-Shirt, my hair in a low pony tail and out the door I went. I avoid going to school Friday because I couldn't deal with my emotions, though now, I felt as if I was doing somewhat better to control them. I said goodbye to my mom and kissed her forehead, putting on a bit of mascara for the first time in days. I've learned to avoid my father, and I've started to feel like myself again. The bruises have faded, and my malnourished body began to fill back out.
I enter school and have many different people staring at me, but i approach Lana with a small smile. I could see August by herself on a bench not to far, Kelsie beside her trying to cheer her up. "Hey Lana, remember me?" The girl made a disgusted expression and spoke, "The girl who ran away after being rejected? Mhm, What could you possibly want?" I smiled before winding my hand backwards and clocking the girl across the face, nearly knocking the foundation off of it as well. She began to sob, running off towards the principals office but I continued to my first class.
The day went by rather quick, and in 8th is where it really went downhill. I sat beside August due to our assigned seats, and I looked over at her with a blank stare after she had been looking at me for a minute straight. "What?" One of August's Friends, Kelsie, Approached from behind me, tapping my shoulder to get my attention. She handed me her phone, a video paused on the screen. I try to hand the phone back to Kelsie, but she insists I watch it. I glanced up to our teacher, then clicked the play button. I watched the event unfold, and watch as Lana had pulled August In to kiss her. My heart sunk. She wasn't lying. "See? She kissed me, It wasn't the other way around.." I frowned. I didn't trust her, despite her trusting me. Reach my hand on to rest on the top of hers, sighing and explaining, "I'm sorry I didn't believe you. I've never been through a deep.. 'Relationship' like this one, and I didn't know how to function when I saw you kis-.. Her kiss you.." August only replied with an understanding smile, our focus returning to class.
       After class, Me and August exit class together like it used to be, and she seemed glad as well. After we got our things from our locker and we walked out to her car. "How's things been at home?" I look over, thankful she asked. "Better-ish. I've really just learned to avoid my father at all costs and, my mom does as well. He's gone throughout the day and they will both be going out to Chicago.. without me, to see their friends.. selfish, i know." August cracked a chuckle with she opened the door for me, and I stepped in and buckled up. She got in and started the car, replying to what I had said, "Eh.. Guess you can stay with me until they get back, Hm?" I nod. That wouldn't be too bad.. We sat in enjoyable silence, her hand sitting on the dashboard as I slowly moved to intertwine my fingers with hers. Entering the drive way to her house, we get out and head inside. "Are you hungry?" My mind thought to something else and I stumbled out, "No.. Are you?" She glanced over to me on her stairs while she sat on the couch, and she smirked, patting the spot beside her. I sit my backpack down on the last step and walk over to the couch, sitting directly beside her.
       We watched something on netflix, and I wasn't really sure what, because we sat making out, her hands wrapped around my neck and my hands through her hair. The lights were turned off, so the only light was emitted from the TV. Since, the bruises on my neck and my headache had faded, August wasn't as gentle, one hand grasping my neck while the other grabbed my lower back, arching it towards her before leaning over mer, causing me to lower on my back. I grinned, and gave a tiny giggle, and so did she. "I've missed you so much.." I could hear her whisper down to me between a kiss. "I've missed you more.." I reply. Her arms move to my sides, massaging them gently before slithering up my shirt.
       Soon enough, my shirt was on the floor, as were my sweatpants, And i laid with a light pink laced bra and a black thong. She also removed her shirt, being left in a tight sports bra while she kissed down my neck. Once again, due to the older hickies
and bruises being gone, August sucked and bit on the side of my neck, and I rewarded her a light moan. "August..." I whispered. She looked up at my, kissing her way back up to my lips. "Yes, my love?" I held my hands tightly around her cheeks, wanting her to feel me Everywhere. "Please fuck me.." She grinned. "Are you sure?" I rolled my eyes and went in for a deeper kiss, this time me being the one to kiss her neck, leaving deep hickies along her collarbone before she stopped me. She kissed between my breasts and down to my lower stomach, her finger tips pulling at the sides of my underwear. My cheeks were red, and my hips went up slightly.  "Please.."
      She smirked, biting lightly on the rim of my undergarments and pulling them down to my ankles.  She got up on her knees and scanned my body, causing me to shiver; her sharp icy gaze seemed to put me into my place. She then picked my up and I gasped slightly, carrying me upstairs to her room while the TV paused on the show, 'Are you Still there?'