Chapter 2

(Y/n) was startled awake to the loud sounds of multiple beats and synths banging on the walls and through the floor, They groaned throwing a pillow over their head to help drown out the sounds even more but the vibrations persisted. (Y/n) threw the pillow pitcher style from their face across the room before they begrudgingly stood up. They looked like a hot mess still dressed in last night's clothes, their eyes baggy from being woken up in such an abrupt way. They undressed and took a shower to clean last night's funk from their ruffled plumage. After a refreshing clean up and a quick change into something more comfortable and more casual. consisting of a tanktop and some leggings they went downstairs to investigate the growing noise that scratched at their ear drums.

(y/n) figured out using their impeccable detective skills, and the fact that their headache was growing the more they moved in a certain direction, that the source of the techno beats were coming from the kitchen. Covering their ears as they entered to the smell of burning eggs and cinnamon rolls, they noticed mark standing in the middle over the said burning food head banging as if his neck couldn't snap in two at any second due to how hard his head flew back and forth. Noticing the source of the music was a speaker perched on the marble countertops they made their way over switching to plug their ears with their shoulders to replace the hands which they needed to turn down the music. Mark turned his head so fast once he noticed the music go from an 101 to a 10 on the volume scale.

"Hey whas the big idea?" the gray parrot remarked furrowing his brows in mild annoyance that his tunes had been disrespected. "The big idea is that you woke me up and caused me and possibly half of Duckburg to wake up with a migraine the size of the Eiffel tower!" growled (Y/n) defensively as they shot a glare to mark. "Plus it's so loud you can't tell that your eggs are slowly turning into charcoal!! I mean look at this muck." (y/n) said, shoving the lanky man away from the stove picking up the pan filled with a black and yellow sludge. "Can you even cook??" stated (y/n) plainly with brows furrowed and eyes half lidded. Mark looked a bit embarrassed, his feathers ruffled in defense and his cheeks a light maroon hue. "I can!" he insisted angrily, "well it doesnt look like it, step aside you fucking doughnut and let me make something thats at least EDIBLE.'' Mark was definitely taken back but headed to a dining room seat anyways crossing his arms and, as per usual, taking out his phone to update his status. "Can't believe you just Gordon ramsey'd me." (y/n) ignored Mark as they scraped the pan clean of the burnt substance before doing a quick rinse and getting to work.

After some time (y/n) had produced a meal anyone would be happy to eat, it was simple but full of protein. It was a banana and blueberry smoothie bowl topped with granola and fruit with eggs and toast on the side. They set Mark's portion on the table roughly placing their hands on their hips in triumph. "Viola!" announced (y/n) proudly, their smug smile plastered on their beal exuding superiority over their fiance. Mark had to, internally, admit that it looked good! He snapped a few pictures of the breakfast knowing that it would be click worthy and gain him some new followers that were family orientated if that even makes sense. (y/n) sighed at the sound of digital shutter noises being rapidly fired behind them, (y/n) picked up their portion alongside some (Y/f/b) and sat back down at the table across from Mark.

"Hey, what's your waddle handle?" asked Mark out of the blue, "Fontaine_Futuristics" stated (y/n) plainly as they decided to eat before their granola turned soggy and their eggs and toast got cold. Mark hit publish on his new post and began to absentmindedly dig into his food as he watched the likes come rolling in. (y/n) felt their phone buzz in their pocket and felt the urge to look, but also didn't want to seem like a phone addict like mark. Meanwhile Mark began to read through a flood of mixed feelings in the comments he eventually settled on one that had been published by a Waddle worker asking what most were thinking 'if you have a fiance how come we never met them at waddle before?' he paused his scrolling before, ding, light bulb! An idea hit him and soon he set down his phone for a second to enjoy his brekkie.