chapter two

Seeing as it started raining and Luke just wouldn't let me go home, we were walking around the sheltered path walks. It was annoying, he acted like all this was some sort of rocket science. However I must admit  that I find his cluelessness cute. Annoying, but cute. So I was okay with giving him little tips and pointers.

His rambling on about this girl, Sandra sounding like a lovesick teenage girl. Luckily he was a little more sober now and he wasn't as annoying. The way he went on and on about a girl that was obviously not interested him in the slightest was somewhat humorous but still made me pity the poor boy.

"Romeo, you need to stop making excuses and just face the fact that; she's just not into you." I was being completely honest with Luke because that's what he needed. Because, no its not just a coincidence that she always happens to have something on every time you ask her out. It's just that she isn't interested. At all.

"But I send her cute texts all the time because she gave me her number when we first met at this brunch thing. Oh, it was so amazing. She looked so pretty she was wearing this-"

"Ocean blue mid-length dress that just made her eyes POP! Yeah Romeo, I know. You told me this story fifteen minutes ago." I said in a bored tone. "Romeo," I said in a serious tone. "So, your telling me you guys have had this thing for, uh, four months..?"

He nodded, smiling. "Four months and 3 weeks to be exact."

"Okay. Well have you guys ever like...done anything?" I tried to hint but he didn't get what I was saying.

"You know," I continued. "Anything to do with third base or more." I shrugged.

He frowned. "What does third base include?"

"Oh my God Romeo!" I laughed at his cluelessness. "Have you guys had sex yet?"

He burst into a coughing fit and stopped walking. "Uh, y-yes. We, um, do it all the time." He choked out.

I stared at him and raised my eyebrows. He copied my actions until he finally gave up with a long sigh. "No," He mumbled. "We haven't done anything." He emphasised, but stared at the ground like it was all suddenly making sense and he was ashamed.

"I'm just being honest, because you seem like a really nice guy, but if you guys haven't done anything yet she's not into you." I explained patting his shoulder.

"What? That makes no sense. You don't know that. Maybe she just wants to take things slow. Or maybe 3 years ago she-"

"There's the excuses again!" I laughed cutting him off. "Romeo, as hard as it is, just accept it. She's not into you. With my knowledge and what you are telling me, she isn't in the least bit interested in you."

Luke sighed again and pouted. "But I love her so much." He whined. "How do I get her to like me back? Please tell me, oh wise one." He pleaded.

"Look Romeo, it's really getting late..." I trailed off.

"Please! Im begging here." He got down on his knees and pleaded.

I rolled my eyes. "Romeo get up off the floor."

He quickly stood up with hopeful eyes.

"I guess I could help you. Just meet me at the bar tomorrow at the same time you saw me tonight okay?"

"Oh, okay." Luke half smiled. "See you then."

"See you." I waved and turned around to head to my flat.

As I looked over my shoulder at Luke I noticed him take his phone out of his pocket.

"Don't text her!" I called out. "I promise you her dinner was nice." I joked.

"It was my Mum!" He called back.

"Sure, sure." I chuckled as I kept walking through the dark streets.