~15~

Y/n woke up on a new day, but she felt different. She felt older- way older. Like she'd been asleep for eight months. Shrugging off the thought, she remembered what was going to happen today- she had a date with Harry.

...

She saw him waiting at the entrance of Hogsmeade. Harry had the same black hair and green eyes- but something was different. He had sea-green eyes. Not emerald. His scar was gone. However, with a blink of an eye, he returned to normal.

"Y/n, hi." Harry said nervously, running his hand through his hair.

"Hello cutie." Y/n said, grinning. "Let's get a butterbeer, shall we?"

They walked towards the Leaky Cauldron, but Y/n couldn't stop thinking about the different Harry she saw. In fact, when she looked at him, she half expected to see a sword in his hand instead of a wand.

Harry noticed, of course. "Y/n, are you alright?"

"Oh, yeah." She lied. "Just admiring your wand."

Harry's eyes widened. "My wand?" His eyes darted to his trousers. "As in my-"

"NO! No!" Y/n said hastily, worried that they'd make a scene. "Not that 'wand', your other one. The wooden one, Harry. The one that casts spells."

"Oh. Okay, sorry." He apologized.

"No... It's my fault. Wrong wording." Y/n said. "By the way, what's your favorite color?"

"Y/n, I tell you all the time. It's red." Harry told her.

"Oh." She said. Why wasn't his answer blue? "I thought you liked.. a different color."

"Yeah, well-" Harry used his hands as he talked, which Y/n couldn't help but find cute. "Gryffindor is red. I'm in Gryffindor. So, you know."

"Ah, right. Well- let's get back to getting butterbeer."

...

Spying on them were the Sto- Weasley twins. Fred had a pair of binoculars in hand and George was posing around like Tom Cruise. "Focus, will you?" Fred exclaimed. 

"Sorry. I need to show the ladies my moves." George said.

"Yeah, moves." Fred scoffed.

Inside the Leaky Cauldron, Harry was thinking which cheesy joke or terrible pick up line his father told him he should use. 

"So... Like your butterbeer?" He asked at last.

"Yeah, Percy. Thanks." Y/n said.

"'Percy'?" Harry asked.

"Oh shit- sorry, Harry I mean." Y/n told him.

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Who's Percy? Like- Ron's older brother?"

"Never mind it, Harry. Seriously." Y/n said. Her gaze looked distant. Only now did Harry realize she looked like she aged almost a year. Did she feel what he felt when he woke up this morning? Like he'd been ressurected from the dead?

Y/n's phone buzzed in her pocket. She swore in another language that definitely wasn't Spanish or Chinese- maybe some old one- and answered the call.

"Hi Annab- Hermione." She said.

Harry tapped his fingers on the table impatiently. Out of all people, Hermione would be the one to interrupt their date?

"Yeah. Okay." Y/n said. "Thanks, bye."

"What was Hermione calling for?" Harry asked.

"Nothing. She just had a gift for me. A surprise." Y/n told him.

The air around them felt different. His wand felt heavier in his hand- like a sword. Harry looked down at it, but saw his regular wand. All of the other wizards and witches began to leave, like they felt the disturbance in the air, too. He could tell Y/n was fighting the urge to leave.

Then it happened. The floor, walls, and ceiling all caught on fire.