Chapter 21: Horcrux Hunt

It was late afternoon on Monday when the Potters returned to Hogwarts. They immediately had Dobby take them to directly to their apartment, unwilling to endure questioning quite yet. They hadn't talked much during the hike and then the bus ride had muggles nearby. After a quick unpacking, they settled down on the sofa and talked between themselves.

So love, we have our clues. I think we both have guesses on a few, but then others are vague. What is it about seers and being so obtuse?

Hermione chuckled at her husband's frustration.

Well, you know my feelings on the divination arts. I guess not everyone is a fraud, but they're way too unscientific for my liking. I think we need to get help with the clues.

Yes, I know our friends are going to want to know where we've been. And they need to know that my horcrux is gone. We may not be able to give details, but the change in my scar is obvious.

Yes, our friends and allies for sure, but I think we also need to bring Dumbledore in on this.

Before Hermione could continue, she felt Harry bristle and tense.

I know we haven't been happy with him love, but I still think he knows more than he's telling. I think we need to confront him. We tell him what we know with a guarantee that he doesn't hold back anything he can offer.

Harry's mind churned for a couple minutes and Hermione let him be while he sorted his feelings.

I guess you're right. I'm still not happy with him, but I need to set that aside. So, we need to tell our friends and allies. That includes the adults. I guess we'll need to meet again somewhere.

The Burrow or Grimmauld is a good place. Except with Grimmauld under the Fidelius, that means giving those who don't know about it the secret.

I guess the Burrow is the logical choice. We really do need our own home for this, but right now this apartment is the best we have. Or your parents place, but we can't ward it well enough. The Burrow's wards are quite significant. Alright, I guess I should make a floo call to Molly. When do we want to do this, tonight? I don't think we should delay.

Maybe give everyone a bit more warning. Certainly the students can make it, but we don't know what the other allies have on their schedules. Madam Bones especially is quite busy right now.

Alright, that makes sense. I'm just eager to get this done. So after dinner tomorrow night at the Burrow?

Hermione agreed and Harry was ready to do something as he called Dobby and asked to be taken to the headmaster's gargoyle, still wanting to avoid seeing anyone in the halls. Hermione stayed behind to start writing letters to everyone else. When Harry passed the gargoyle and arrived in the office, Dumbledore was just stepping in from his private apartment and smiled at Harry.

"Lord Potter, you've returned! Most excellent. I hope your business fared well."

"Good afternoon headmaster. Yes, we had a most productive week."

Harry stepped closer to the headmaster and leaned over his desk. As he did so, he swept his hair aside so the faint trace of his scar was visible. Dumbledore looked truly shocked for the first time that Harry could remember.