Midnight Body Hunt

Sadly, I don't own Teen Wolf. But I do own Maya Williams and anything she does that's not related to the plot!!!

Seeing as it was the night before the first day of sophomore year, Maya was currently picking out her outfit, wanting to look nice for her first day back to school. She was trying to decide between two dresses when she heard a noise outside the window. Paranoid thoughts ran through the brunette's head, thinking of serial killers and burglars made her reach for her trusty bat she kept around in case of emergencies.

Stepping outside onto the porch, the darkness of the night made it impossible to see. The lack of sight only made Maya's fears increase, not knowing what could be out there making her heart beat quicker. Creeping across the wooden surface, her bat up and ready to swing, Maya made her way further out into the darkness thinking about how she was the dumb girl in a horror movie people scream at for doing something stupid. Suddenly a body appeared out of the bushes next to Maya's window, startling the teenager. Screaming loudly, she swung her bat ready to beat the crap out of whoever it was, Maya Williams wouldn't go down without a fight at least.

"AHHHHHHHH! What is with you people and bats today? Seriously Maya stop, it's me!"

Stopping the attack, Maya looked closer and notice that her would be attacker was really nothing more than her sarcastic best friend Stiles. Looking behind him she could see Scott waving sheepishly, understanding the heart attack Stiles probably just gave their female friend. "Seriously Stiles? I thought you were a serial killer! What did you expect me to do, invite you inside for tea?" Maya asked him, sending him and Scott a glare. Honestly those two boys were going to be the death of me some day she thought to herself in annoyance.

"First Scott thinks I'm a predator and then you think I'm a serial killer, what is wrong with you guys?" Stiles asked, spazing out as he looked between Scott and Maya. Neither one had an answer, both just shrugging and  trying not to laugh their spastic friend's behavior.

"So is there a reason you two are sneaking around my house this late at night, or do I need to start worrying that you two are trying to murder me." Maya honestly didn't know why they would be here, but her friends were weird so it could have been anything. With Stiles being so excited, it was probably something not entirely legal.

Bouncing on the balls of his feet, Stiles looking like a kid in a candy store. "I was listening in on my dad's radio, two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles was getting more animated as he talked, Maya wondered if he needed to take more Adderall.

"A dead body? What's so exciting if they already found the body?" Normally Beacon Hills was a very quite place, so a body found in the woods is actually a pretty big deal. Glancing at Scott and receiving an eye roll, Maya knew she wasn't going to be getting to bed anytime soon.

"That's the best part, they only found half."
....................................

Instead of being warm and cozy in bed, Maya was now traipsing around the woods looking for half of a dead body, which wasn't how she really wanted to spend her night. Jumping over a log, she tried to keep up with Stiles, who was in the lead with the flash light. Scott on the other hand was falling behind, taking puffs of his inhaler. "Stiles, maybe the asthmatic should be the one with the flashlight" she suggested, not wanting Scott to have an asthma attack in the middle of the woods. Scott gave the girl a small smile, trying to keep up with Stiles who wasn't listening to a word she had said.

"So what half of the body are we looking for" Scott asked. She thought it over, it was actually a really good question.

Stiles looked over his shoulder at us, "You know, I never actually thought about that." Maya was glad to know that Stiles was paying his usual attention to detail, it just made her feel so safe. A sudden thought chilled her to the bone, what if the killer was still in the woods.

Shaking herself out of the fear induced daze, Maya realized she missed what Scott and Stiles had been talking about. Rushing to catch up with the two boys, she froze when Stiles dropped to the ground. Light filtered through the trees and muffled voices carried on indistinguishable conversations as police officers moved around the forest. Ducking behind a tree, Maya tried to keep herself from being seen, not wanting to get caught since she knew her dad or Sheriff Stilinski would killed her if she was caught at a crime scene again. This wasn't the first time she had to hide from the police thanks to Stiles and his idiotic plans.

The sound of dogs barking loudly made Maya peer out from behind the tree in time to witness Stiles getting caught. Sheriff Stilinski walked up, not surprised to find out it was his son that had been caught. The sound of Stiles getting lectured reached Maya's ears, she muffled her laughter behind her hand trying to keep quiet.

"Scott? Maya? You two out there?" Sheriff shouted. Stiles frantically began covering for his two best friends, not wanting them to get in trouble. The lies flowed out of him as he glanced around the trees, not seeing Scott or Maya nearby. With one last look around, Sheriff Stilinski gave into his son's lies, leading him away from area.

Giving a sign of relief at not being caught, Maya moved from her spot behind the tree, searching for Scott. The little moonlight that filtered in though the trees made it hard to see anything. The darkness swallowing up any sign of life, leaving behind a feeling of dread that chilled Maya's blood. The snapping of twigs and rustling of leaves made her nerves skyrocket, her head whipping in every direction hoping to catch a glimpse of Scott. More branches snapped and Maya's eyes caught sight of a figure moving through the trees, getting closer to her.

"Scott? Is that you? If you're trying to scare me, it isn't funny Scotty" The figure just continued to move closer, not a word spoken in response. Their movements didn't match Scott's, they seemed almost animalistic, like a predator stalking their prey.

Maya began to back away, not wanting to come face to face with the mysterious stranger in the woods, her walk turning into a sprint as the person got closer. Branches whipped at her face, tearing at her clothes as if they were trying to hold her back. Heart beating in her ears, feet pounding against the ground, the adrenaline pumped through Maya's system as she barreled through the woods. A howl broke through the silence that had overtaken the forest making Maya look back behind her to find that no one was there, the figure had vanished into the night.

Weighing her options, Maya started to try and find her way to the road. As much as she loved Scott, Maya didn't want to be the next body the Beacon Hills Police found in the woods. Wolves howling and creepy people in the woods had terrified Maya enough for one night and there was no way she wanted to spend another second in these infernal woods. Starting what would be an extremely long walk back to her house, there were two things on Maya's mind. One was wondering if Scott was okay and the other was the many ways Maya could kill Stiles for making her walk home through the woods at midnight.

........................................

So this is my first FanFiction, sorry if it's not that great, but I finally decided to write the idea that's been stuck in my head for so long. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you didn't then this is a bit awkward....