She will pay for what happend ~ 9 ~

Edited: July 7th 2022

The silence was awful once the dust had settled. The realization that somebody had to make a move, get up, do something, hit me harder than I thought.

Kevin was the first to move, Wendy tried to get up. As soon as she was up, she walked over to Kevin, Wendy looked down, noticing that Ian and I were still lying on the floor, shaking, as we looked at our bestfriend. I could see Kevin thinking about the idea of trying to help Ian up. He looked at me for advise but I shook my head for him not to.

God, I was never going to get that yelp of pain out of my head, the last sound Erin ever made. I closed my eyes as more tears came.

I watched Ian attempt to get up.

"We," Wendy studdered. "We're so sorry."

"Get out," mumbled Ian, closing his eyes and running a hand through his hair.

"Dude," Kevin said.

"He said get out!" I shouted. Ian's hands were balled up into fists as he backed further away from Wendy and Kevin, on his way to help me up.

"We're not just going to leave you guys here" Kevin argued while Ian pushed away the plank of wood and helped me up.

"Why not?" replied Ian. "This was you," he screamed, shaking his head as he looked over at Wendy and Kevin, he pointed a trembling finger at them. "This was all your fucking fault."

"We tried to tell you," Wendy cried.

"And look what good that did," Ian yelled back, pointing at his bestfriends dead body. Ian was careful not to look, I could see that. "No," he muttered to himself. "None of this would have happened if you two hadn't shown up here," he continued. "We would have just finished our shift, got some take-out and went the fuck home!"

"Ian that's not true!" I said, gripping onto his arm. Ian just shook his head.

"This is on you Wendy." He cried and collapsing onto the floor. Tucking his legs against his chest. He rested his head on his forearms. Kevin walked up to his left.

"Don't touch me," he said.

Kevin crouched down next to him anyway, reaching out and placing a hand of his shoulder. Ian shook him off. "I said don't fucking touch me!" he yelled.

"Alright, man," Kevin said, backing off.

"I am going to kill her..." Ian wispered. My eyes got wide, knowing he was talking about Wendy.

"Wendy... You should get out of here... Like now!" I told her and she nodded.

"Kevin," she said. "I'm going to go call 911."

"Ok," Kevin replied. "I'll stay with them."

Ian let out a sigh.

"C'mon," said Kevin softly, keeping a small distance. "Let's go wait somewhere else." Ian and I  shook our heads, refusing to look at Kevin.

"Kevin just leave us alone..." I said to him

"Come on," Kevin continued. "You guys don't need to be here."

"We're not just going to leave her here," Ian said slowly, he turned his head to meet Kevin's eyes.

"Ok," said Kevin firmly, removing his hands from his pockets and preparing to sit on the floor. "Then I'm staying put too."

"Please don't." I replied. Kevin stopped midway through maneuvering onto the floor, resting his hands on his bent knees.

"Please," Ian whispered. "Just leave us alone."

"No," replied Kevin.

"Kevin," Ian wispered, lifting his head out of his hands and turning to look at Kevin with such rage in his eyes that Kevin backed up a step. "I swear to god, if you don't get the fuck away from me right now."

"Alright, alright," he said, raising his arms up as he backed away. "I'll go find Wendy." Kevin walked away but turned back last minute.

"Hey man," Kevin began awkwardly. "I hate to ask, but have you got a key or something?" Ian didn't move. "We need to let the cops in when they get here."

I didn't say anything, but reached into the front pocket of my apron and launched a set of keys across the aisle. Kevin muttered a quiet thank you before picking them up and leaving.

"Ian... I'm so sorry... It's my foult. If I had tried to remember more things about the premonition, I would have known that Erin died after Romero..." I cried while crouching down to his level to look into his eyes. He looked up at me.

"It's not your foult... It's Wendy's... And she will pay for what happend to Erin..." He said, tears streaming down his cheeks.