3: Katsuki Bakugou - I'm the One For You

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation

- Bakugou's POV -

With my hands shoved in my pockets I walked through the park, kicking the stones on the path as I went. I hadn't been able to get him out of my mind for years, he'd haunted my every thought. I'd never had to deal with such emotions before, but since I met him four years ago I had grown to love the man. The only problem was, he was married.

His name was (y/n) (l/n), and I met him when I saved him from his office building that had caught fire. He came to the agency afterwards to thank me properly, and since then we had formed some sort of bond. We became good friends, however before I knew it my feelings for him excelled into something more.

It was painful to admit it given the fact he only saw me as a friend. He confided in me when he met Hinano Kurahashi, telling me how much he loved her especially when they first got together. Not only that but I had to act happy when he proposed to her, then I had to be best man at his wedding which was the most painful day of my life. Seeing the man I loved get married to someone else was an experience I never wanted to go through again.

I'd never managed to get over him, four years down the line and I was still thinking about him constantly, not wanting to be with anyone else. I'd tried to distract myself with other men, but none of them worked as none of them were (y/n). He was stuck in my head and I just couldn't get him out.

Walks in the park like this weren't rare for me, as they were my way of taking a break from life, to try and clear my head of all the clouded thoughts I had milling around my brain. The stars were out, twinkling down upon me so I collapsed on a nearby bench and gazed, wondering what the hell was wrong with me and just hoping that I'd be able to get over these feelings soon as I was a little concerned that they'd soon interrupt my hero work.

I scratched the back of my head as I thought, but that was when I saw someone I recognised in the distance. It was Hinano, entering the park through the gates but she had her arm hooked round another mans. I furrowed my eyebrows, the two lost in conversation as they smiled at each other. Quickly I moved and hid behind a tree, subtly watching them as they walked down the path, past my hiding place and towards the exit of the park at the other end.

Carefully I followed the pair, Hinano looking too close to the man for comfort. I walked at a distance so there was no chance of them suspecting that they were being followed. I checked my watch seeing the it was 21:30, and it made me wonder what Hinano would be doing with a man at this late hour, but I was shocked when I saw her entering a love hotel. I gritted my teeth in anger, furious at her for not realising she already had everything she could've ever wanted with (y/n). There was no one better than him, and she was a fool to risk loosing him.

Not only that, but I knew that if (y/n) were to find out about Hinano's infidelity he would be heartbroken. The last thing I wanted to do was break his heart, but I also didn't want him to be in a relationship with a cheating scumbag who's humiliating (y/n) without him even knowing. It was best he knew the truth, but I needed to get solid proof before I told him what I had found out, and I was determined to get it.

I went into the hotel and spoke to the lady at the desk, her informing me that they either had overnight bookings or 'rest' periods, which usually consisted of three hours. I nodded and left, thinking that the two of them staying for a rest period was more likely due to the fact I could bet money that she'd used the excuse 'I'll be working late tonight' when (y/n) asked what time she'd be back in the evening. That was the usual excuse whenever a partner was cheating, so them staying for the three hour rest period meant she could get home to (y/n) without him being any the wiser.