Prologue

you wake up, stretching a bit before sitting up and examining the room.

(Y/n): Hmm

You notice Byleth was still asleep on his bed by the window. you yawn quietly as Jerelt entered the room. he smiled when he notice you.

Jeralt: you always were a early riser, eh?

You nod at his question as he turned to Byleth.

Jeralt: Hey. Time to wake up.

Byleth groans a bit before opening his eyes. he sat up and looked at his father.

Jeralt: Were you having that dream again?

Byleth: I was dreaming about a war...

Jeralt: Massive armies clashing on a vast field, right? There hasn't been a battle like that in over three centuries...

(Y/n): i had that dream as well, father.

Jeralt hummed a bit at your words

Jeralt: You as well? I've never heard of two people having the same dream.

He thought about it for a moment before shaking his head a bit

Jerelt: In any case, just put that out of your minds for now. The battlefield is no place for idle thoughts. Risking your life is part of the job for mercenaries like us. Letting your mind wander is a sure way to get yourself killed.

You and Byleth nod in unison.

Jerelt: OK, time to get moving. Our next job is in the Kingdom. I told you before. It's far from here, so we'll need to leave at dawn.

(y/n): Yes father

Byleth: Of course

Jeralt: Hm? Good grief. Everyone is already waiting for us outside.

Just as he spoke, a Mercenary can into the room, whom everyone turned to.

Mercenary: Jerelt! Sir! Sorry to barge in, but your presence is needed.

Jerelt: What's happened?

The Mercenary lead the three of you outside, where three people were standing. all three of them were wearing what looks like a student uniform.

 the first student was a blonde boy who wore a cape that was as blue as the great sea.