𝑪𝒉.02

~*~*~*~𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓

~*~*~*~
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓

𝑨𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒌𝒂 𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 the stairs of the inn to hear shouting. She quickly followed it to find three hobbits holding a candelabra and Sam holding out his fists to a man who had Frodo. Annika looked away and thought for a second. I'm their protector. With a yell,she ran through the door and tackled the man. She wriggled out of his grasp and with a yell,took her dragger and out it against his throat but he grabs her wrist and lifted her up and against a wall. She groaned in pain and she hit the wall hard.

"Wait. Wait don't hurt her. She's our protector." Frodo says and the man looked down at him.

"This girl is your protector. Not bad. You're gonna need training." He says as he gently sets her down. She looks confused at the man then to the hobbits who just shrugged.

"You can no longer wait for the wizard,Frodo. They're coming." He says and Annika looked up at him with wide eyes.

~*~*~*~

"I'm not even tired."

"Shhh!" The two humans and the three hobbits exclaimed to Pippin.

"If they hear you it'll be over for all of us. I suggest you try to sleep little one." The man said and Pippin rolled his eyes. Annika walked up to the man and watched him. His sweaty and wet shaggy hair settled above his shoulders and his intent eyes watched the room across theirs. He held his sword with his hands and sat comfortably against the rocking chair. Soon the sound of shrieking made her cringe and she held her ears in pain.

"What is that sound?" She whispered to the man.

"Quiet." He says and they both watched as the ghost like shadows.

"What are they?" Frodo asked and Annika looked at hobbits who looked at the man in horror about the noise and the things that had followed them.

"They were once men. Great kings of Men. Then Sauron the Deceiver gave to them nine rings of power. Blinded by their greed,they took them without question,one by one falling into darkness,and now they are slaves to his will." The man explained as he looked back at the window to see the shadows getting on their horses and galloping away.

"They are the Nazgûl. Ringwraiths,neither living or dead. At all times they feel the presence of the Ring drawn to the power of the One. They will never stop hunting you." He says and stood up from his seat.

"We must go. We cannot stay. More questions will be asked around to whom brought the Ringwraiths here." He says and walked out of the room.