Prologue

Izuku is the oldest child of Hisashi and Inko Midoriya. When Izuku was 5, he was taken to a doctor as he displayed no sign of a quirk developing "Sorry kid but it ain't gonna happen.'' The doctor said rather bluntly while Izuku dropped his All Might action figure .

"What do you mean he isn't gonna develop a quirk?" Hisashi and Inko said in sync.

"Your son is one of the 20%. Sorry but he's got two joints in his pinky toe that is always a sign of quirklessness." the doctor confirmed.

After the news their son was quirkless, his parents became very protective of Izuku, never letting him leave the apartment unless it was for school. Izuku still loves heroes but became a little bitter at the constant babying and would get into fights at school coming home to scoldings from his parents. When Izuku was 9 his parents told him Inko was pregnant Izuku was ecstatic he would be an older brother even more so when a few months later they learned Inko was to have triplets and finally they were born Izuki, Izuka, and Izumi they were nearly identical except for the eyes Izuki had her moms emerald eyes, Izuka had her fathers light blue eyes, and Izumi had heterochromia one eye blue the other green. The triplets were very close to Izuku when they asked him to play with them he usually would unless he was busy, the triplets also knew Izuku was quirkless and tried to sway him from his hero dream. They are very protective of their older brother since he was born without a quirk; he never met Katsuki considering he's ten years older than them. When the triplets got their quirks, they learned Izuki had her mothers quirk but it was more powerful and she could repulse things away from her. Izuka had her fathers quirk but more potent meaning she could breath enough fire to propel herself into the air. Izumi had inherited both of her parents' quirks in that she could control fire around her and produce her own from her mouth. The triplets after getting their quirks made a vow to protect their brother above all else and they did just that but what they didn't know is that Izuku got tired of it real quick but he never had the heart to tell them off. So Izuku was still trying to be a hero but when even his sisters tried stopping him he stopped not because he accepted he couldn't be a hero but because he didn't want to give Inko and Hisashi a heart attack considering his mother cried at very small things and his father was similar. When the triplets were 9 Izuku was sent a letter from a college in America considering how rare that was he was gonna take the opportunity by the throat when he brought it up to his family they were very happy for him until they heard where it was. "No" the triplets said, followed by his parents.

"What, why?!" Izuku asked, not expecting them to say no.

"Izuku, it's because you'd be all alone in America and we wouldn't be able to protect you." Inko said receiving nods from the others in the room

"Listen, Izuku, you don't have a quirk, we're happy for you we really are but you could get hurt and worse killed we just don't wanna lose you." Izumi said with everyone nodding except Izuku. 

Izuku was used to stuff like this when it came to leaving the house, but this was different when they told him he couldn't go because he didn't have a quirk, something snapped in him. He felt angry, he felt like his family didn't see him as a person but a nice vase they didn't wanna lose and all that pent up anger and frustration almost boiled over but he was able to keep a lid on it. "Plus you're just too fragile to leave the country." Izuka said. 

Well to say Izuku had a lid on his emotions was a lie after that statement, Izuku could feel his face heat up and everyone in the room saw the shadows cover his eyes, he had had it. Izuku stood up and began walking toward the entrance in one last attempt not to blow up at his family, which was dashed, smashed, and destroyed by Izuka who had got in front of him blocking the door "Izuku this discussion isn't over." she said. 

"Move, now Izuka." Izuku said, venom lacing his words as they came. Izuka didn't know how to react; she'd never seen this side of Izuku before.

"No, you're gonna sit down at the table and uhhh-"

"No, I'm not so just move out of the fucking way Izuka!"

The words hit the whole family hard they'd never seen this side of him and it scared them, but Izuka was starting to cry as she was the focus of that pent up anger. Izuku pushed Izuka aside and made his way towards the door being stopped by a tone of voice he'd heard only once in his life, "IZUKU MIDORIYA!" Izuku turned to find his mother with a scowl and gritting her teeth. Izuku when he first saw this side of his mother was scared shitless but now it didn't do anything. "YOU ARE GOING TO APOLOGIZE TO IZUKA OR KAMI HELP ME I'LL-"

"You'll what?" Izuku said with an icy glare making Inko shut up. 

"You'll baby me even more than you have, I just don't understand it you treat me like I'm glass as if I'm too fragile to do things on my own so you know what, Fuck You! You have no more say in what is happening right now. I'm leaving so do yourselves a favor and just forget about me. It seems your lives would be better without me to worry about." Izuku said getting closer to the door. Hisashi tried to say something but was cut off by the slamming of their front door, leaving actual cracks in the frame. Inko was crying Hisashi tried comforting her while Izuki and Izumi went after Izuku trying to stop him and get him to apologize to his family but as they left the complex they heard a car start up and saw Izuku leave down the road.