Chapter 3 - Jade

Fuck me but getting stabbed sucks. I wince as I try to turn over on the not so comfy bed. I open my eyes and groan begging the sun to stop shining and the fluorescent lights to die an untimely death.

Where am I? I rub at my eyes trying to remember the last few hours. I know they found me and they sent some stupid low ranking idiot to my doorstep. He got a good few hits in but in the end was no match for me until he whipped out the knife. Fucking cheat - who brings a knife to a good old fashioned fist fight anyways? Yoi didnt see me pulling a gun out? Well, it may have been smarter but I was proving a point, sending a message shall we say.

I take in my surrounding realising I am in some sort of doctors quarters but definitely not a hospital, doesnt smell bleachy enough for that.

As I sit up I feel the IV in my arm, knowing I probably need the fluids, I leave it in. Fuck my side hurts.

The handle on the door starts to lower and in walks a tall, brawny, ginger. He looks up from his tablet, catches my eye and "Jesus, how you' awake? Scared the shit out of me" he says with a hand on his chest trying to compose himself.

"Sorry, didnt mean to scare you" I say suppressing my laugh. "Its okay - Im Prof, the resident fixer upper in this joint and you are?". I look at him from head to toe trying to decide if I can trust him. Taking a leap of faith I gove him my real name "Jade" I say with a lift of my chin "whats the damage prof?" I ask

"Nothing major except for a few cuts and bruises and oh maybe the stab wound to your left abdomen, you did a good job of getting whoever did this to you to miss anything major!" He says with a laugh. "Dark humor - I like it" I say with a sigh of relief.

"Where am I?" I ask inspecting the hallway from where prof came in. He looked at me skeptically and with a dramatic flair he says "You're at the Cavalry baby- Huntsman Security Services in sunny California"

"Fuck" was my only response as I fall back onto the bed

**Any and all comments, guidance would be greatly appreciated - what do you think of it so far??