1.

A/N: Hey peeps, please let me know if there are any grammar errors because that is my biggest pet peeve when reading a book. I hope you enjoy this book. 

~No one's POV~

Friday, November 16th at 1:57 am

Trystyn ran down the stairs sobbing as she heard his steps pounding after her. Just a few more steps and you'll be at the front door where the cops are at. She thought to herself as she watched the front door come into view and pushed herself to run faster.

Grabbing onto the doorknob, Trystyn felt an overwhelming sense of relief wash over herself and she came face to face with Andrew Johansson, head chief, and stepfather to her step-siblings.

Upon seeing her beaten body, Andrew quickly pulled her behind himself and pulled his gun out, aiming it at Robert's frozen body. "Robert and MaryKate Griffin, you're under arrest for drug trafficking, and child abuse," he states while walking towards Robert as another officer walked towards MaryKate, who had been standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Trystyn, who had been sitting in the back of the ambulance, sobbed out a relieved sob feeling all her limbs relax into the officer who sat with her's arms as she rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"You're okay sweet girl, you're okay" the officer mumbled into the trembling girl's hair as the paramedic cleaned the cuts on her face. "Nobody can hurt you, darling, not anymore"

"What's goi-going to happen to m-me" Trystyn questions softly, wincing at the sting in her cheek.

Before anyone had the chance to answer, a dark blue car pulled up across the street and a woman with reddish hair and two teens got out of the car and ran over to the three people.

"Where is my child?!" The woman yelled frantically while running.

Hearing the familiar voice made Trystyn sob harder and slip out of the police officer's -whose name she had learned was Chealsee- arms and run into the open arms of Heather -her step-siblings mom, and the only adult she fully trusted.

"Oh baby, you're okay I've got you," Heather mumbled as she stroked her hair softly while flipping MaryKate and Robert off as they got driven away.

After what felt like hours -but was only 10 minutes- Trystyn had calmed down, only a small hiccup was heard from her as she sat on the bed of the ambulance truck while getting her ankle looked at.

"It's definitely broken," the older paramedic said while examining her. "We need to get her back to the hospital to know for sure," he finished

"Would it be okay if we drove her?" Heather asked "Y'know so she is around a few familiar faces"

"Erm- yeah that would be fine just follow behind us" Andrew cut in with a small sympathetic smile.

The older teenage boy carefully walked towards his step-sister -who he did not know very well due to him wanting nothing to do with his sperm donor- and knelt to be eye level with her. "Hey Trystynn, would it be okay if I carried you to the car? I don't want you to hurt it worse" He asked gently while grabbing one of her much smaller hands in his

The girl in question nodded, absentmindedly wrapping her arms around his neck as he picked her up.

"It's Tee," she mumbled almost silently into his shoulder, catching him off guard.

"what?"

"My name, it's Tee