Chapter 13

You hear the sound of birds chirping loudly in your ears, wondering why it's so noisy, when your eyes finally flutter open. Your head is on something firm, and when you hear the quiet breaths against you, you realize it's Jungkook. At first, you're not too alarmed—it's honestly quite comfortable the way his arms are holding you. But when you see the blue sky overhead, you snap upright.

"Oh my god!" you shout and look around at the open field, and Jungkook groans as he starts to wake up. "We fell asleep!"

"W-what?" Jungkook struggles to open his eyes as he tries to figure out why you're yelling.

"We fell asleep!" you say again, and he sits up on his elbows, his wings bent up behind him. "My parents are gonna kill me." You frantically pull your phone out of your jacket pocket, and thankfully it's not dead. You're about to call your mom when you see a text from Namjoon.

"Told your parents you're sleeping at my place."

"You're welcome."

"Have fun with Jungkook ;)"

"You owe me."

You take a huge breath of relief and flop back on the soft grass.

"What happened?" Jungkook croaks as he turns on his side to look at you.

"Namjoon covered for me," you say, turning to face him, laughing. "How the hell did we fall asleep here?"

"It's peaceful," he says, reaching over and brushing a strand of hair out of the way. You smile, your faces only a few inches apart.

"So, I guess we have the whole day now... What should we do?"

"Anything you want." His hand moves from your hand to your cheek, and you lean in to rest your head against his chest, your eyes fluttering shut.

"Can we just stay here a little longer?" you ask, and he hums in response. You feel his nose nuzzle into the top of your head, his hand gently caressing your hair.

You continue to rest peacefully in silence for the next half an hour or so, the gentle sound of the wind blowing past as your body sinks against Jungkook. You take in a deep breath, the scent of his cologne hitting your nose, and you groan as you realize he can probably smell you as well.

"What is it?" he asks, still snuggled into you.

"I need to shower," you whine. "I probably reek." You hear Jungkook laugh before taking a light breath.

"Eh, you smell nice to me."

"Don't smell me!" You shove him back and slide away as he chuckles.

You sit up and now fully look around. The field looks much different during the day; everything is so vibrant and lively now, and you turn to the overlook. The vast green sea of trees spreads for miles, and your gaze isn't broken until Jungkook sits up beside you.

"It really is beautiful," you say, and he nods.

Jungkook reaches for his discarded shirt, and you watch as the black wings behind him vanish. He pulls his shirt over his head before slipping his jacket on. You have to admit you're a little saddened to see them gone. He looks so attractive when they're outlike a mystical being. Well, he is one after all.

You then get to your feet and groan as the aches and pains from sleeping on the ground start to sink in. "Ah, geez," you say as you tilt your head and stretch your legs. "I think I broke my neck."

"Oh, I can help with that." Jungkook gets to his feet, and you look at him strangely as he walks around behind you. You honestly think he might start massaging you, but instead, he just places his hand over your neck. The warmth of his touch increases, and slowly any pain begins to fade.