Vol.2 Chapter 35

草物語

Chapter 54:Will it be a fight?

"What was that?", Flare yelled out

Calli immediately flew out from the room after breaking a hole in the wall.

"Judging from the mana residue, I would say it was a large-scaled gravity magic that instantly vaporized the forest thus producing large amounts of heat and light.", Luna deduced instantly.

Everyone looked at Marine thinking that it was unlike her to give such an impeccable answer.

"Who could have done this nora~!"

"Only that dragon comes up from my mind but she's too far to be out here.", said Noel

"Except... ", All of them looked at the carving of the Devil sitting on the throne in the ceiling .

_____________________________________

"I heard there were still scouts in the forest from the last report, did you kill them?" asked Calli.

"Gosh, you became... soft..., you killed millions back then and didn't even bat an eye.", said Towa.

"I simply find it absurd that you would disintegrate all life in the forest to make your grand entrance Towa." A tinge of anger leaked from Calli.

"I never thought of you as a nature loving reaper, or maybe, maybe it's because I almost crushed your new elf friends?" Towa had a dangerous glint in her eye as she finish her sentence.

"Why did you come down here Towa..."

"It's simple..., To test your resolve.", Answered by Towa as she jumped from her position to punch Calli.

It was but a simple corkscrew punch, however as Calli dodged it, she felt a force pulling her towards the fist. The fist connects to Calli's face at full force, Towa jumped back expecting a counterattack but Calli just stood there in place.

"Guh, what's the meaning of this?", asked Calli as she clears her throat.

"Fight me, if you win the elves get to live. If I lose, I'll wipe Candy Kingdom off the face of the map.", Towa announced.

"I don't need your help, just get back to heaven already."

"Help? You've violated our agreement of non interference from helping the elf's kingdom, a fight should come naturally.', Said Towa.

"Bullshit, I may have helped them to tank your blow but I never interfered from any sides, Besides, heaven is a neutral party in any war unless..."

"Unless it has chosen a side in the advent of an Apocalypse.", Towa responded

"What???"

"With the continent's water source polluted it won't take long for war, famine and deaths to pile up.", Towa explained.

"Therefore, one side must go down to prevent the worst from happening. It's the one war to prevent all wars Calli.", said Towa

Towa stared at Calli observing her every move

"As I've thought you've grown soft. Move aside, I'll end this war in one blow.", Towa pushed aside Calli who is standing in front of her

"No."

Towa Immediately turned around and threw a punch at Calli and Calli catched it with a crackling sound being made upon impact.

"That means your stance is clear then. Maybe I should start with the boy yelling for you using inner ki first. He's putting a strain on my ear."

"Stop bluffing.", said Calli with a solemn expression.

"If we were to go all out here, nothing would be left for both sides, you wouldn't want that cute angel of yours getting caught up in our bloodbath.", Calli analyzed the situation.

Calli was calm in her judgment and said, "So for the last time, tell me what you really want?"

Towa pulled back her fist from Calli's grip and spoke earnestly, "I want to see it, that side of yours..."

Immediately she gathered Mana and Ki and twisted them together at high speeds on her leg. She then stomped the air which created a turbulent energy spreaded across the air at the speed of sound. It's the same gravity stomp she created when she landed and it is now heading towards the barrier made by Calli.

Calli, knowing the barrier could not withstand another impact quickly made the same move as Towa. She imitated Towa's gravity stomp in reverse spin and impacted the air with it, effectively canceling it out before it reaches the barrier.

Towa smiled seeing what she did, "Congratulations Calli, it seems you have finally found something you care for..."