Epilogue

On the way to school, Kihara and Kashi met up with Y/N and Taiga. By now, they had all heard the news about their friends getting together, and this gave her hope. As they were walking down the street, Taiga spoke to her.

"So, I've noticed that you've got the hots for Kitamura, right?"

This caused her to eye Y/N.

"I didn't tell her anything."

Convinced, she admitted that she did, in fact, harbor feelings for him. This was met with encouragement from all her friends, saying that the worst he could do was say no.

"Or 'ew'." She sighed.

"You know he isn't like that." Taiga scolded.

"She's right; if anything, he'll do his best to let you down gently." Kashi added.

Yeah, but we've seen what had happened the last time he tried that. Y/N thought.

He wasn't surprised when he saw that Taiga had the exact same look of remembrance on her face. For a second, she looked worried, but then she seemingly brushed it off and smiled at her boyfriend. He was truly grateful that they were together.

When they got to school, the group made it into 2-C.

There, Kitamura and the rest of their friends were seated, talking amongst themselves. Going to their own seats, everyone got ready for the day. Instead of their usually slow pace, classes zoomed on by today.

Before they knew it, lunch had arrived; and with it, an opportunity to chat with the bois. Except, instead of it being just the usual guys, everyone Y/N had talked to was sitting together including Kitamura, Noto, Haruta, Kawashima, Kashi, Maya, Kushieda and of course, Taiga Aisaka.

"Hey guys; what's going on over here?" Y/N asked.

"We're talking about our plans for the weekend."

"Wait, it's Friday?" Taiga asked.

"Apparently." Her boyfriend said, also surprised.

"Anyway," Kawashima began, "I'm thinking about inviting all of you guys over to my place by the beach to sleepover. Anyone interested?"

"I'll pass." Aisaka didn't hesitate.

"Your loss." Haruta sighed, hoping that the boys will join in.

"You know what, that doesn't sound too bad," Noto said, "the only problem is that I've got some family business I gotta take care of on Saturday. What about you girls? You got anything to do?" He asked.

"Sorry, I've got work." Minori apologized.

Ryuji looked up, but didn't say anything.

"Whelp, I guess it's just you and me, Yusaku." Ami said to her childhood friend.

"Wait, Kitamura's going with you?" Maya asked, concerned.

"The plan was to have all of us go." She groaned in response.

"Don't worry Ami; we'll go with you guys!" Maya exclaimed.

Nanako didn't even hesitate. Once her friend had stopped talking, she backed out, leaving an opening for her to go along with her crush without her friend distracting her.

"Sorry, I've got a late shift at work tonight, meaning I'll be sleeping in tomorrow. I doubt the boss lady will give me another day off." She sighed, faking a frown.

The only person to fall for this trick was Kitamura; even Haruta knew that the girl was just covering for her bestie. Eventually, the final head count was just the three. After this, the conversation dissolved into several smaller ones, with Y/N and Taiga sitting next to Takasu and Minori.