So Dark

Mei's Pov

"I'm sorry my love but I will sleep for a bit and we can talk later" after I said that I hug Yuzu's pillow and close my eye

in my sleep I saw some flashbacks.. the academy which I don't know anything about only the person who was running it.. someone called Shiraho something.. my reunion with Yuzu.. my training.. my grandfather who I remembered only his smile.. Yuzu and our 'bonding' nights together.. how we are now called wives because 'bonding' makes us automatically married.. how I was pouting because I didn't understand this angels' logic and said no marriage without a wedding.. how Yuzu and her mother laughed together at me.

I was having peaceful and happy thoughts until I felt a chill and it became so cold.. I opened my eyes to see nothing but darkness.. I can't feel anything but cold.. I can't see where am I or where I am standing.. I rub my feet on the floor and it feels sticky.. I don't hear anything but my wet footsteps and my heart beat.. it's so cold so dark that I just wish to see any form of light.. after some walking I hear water so I head in its direction.. one step.. two steps and it gets closer but.. it sounds abnormal.. not the usual water sound at all but it's the only source I have in this strange dream.

when I got much close I don't just hear water anymore.. I hear voices.. strange screaming voices.. suddenly I lost my balance and I fell.. long long fall.. while seeing other flashbacks.. this time it's dark memories.. every time I killed someone it flashed in front of me.. every time I went crazy with my body.. every time my hands got dirty with blood.

when I finally reached the surface I was swimming in a sea of the same sticky thing.. I don't hear anything but.. suddenly without any real source of light, I could clearly see where I am.. I'm in a sea of blood.. and when I saw that I heard the voices again but this time.. they were loud and clear.. they were screaming my name and groaning in pain.. those voices.. I know them well enough.. the voices of my victims.. every person I killed screamed in my ears.

I saw a small blue ball of light hovering around a big red ball of fire.. they were colliding and appeared like it was a fight.. when the small blue ball vanished all the voices around me stopped and red light fill the place.. the red ball flew away so I decided to follow her.. I was swimming in the blood sea but the path where the ball was flying above was cleared from the blood.. instead, it reflected the red fire and it looked like a path of fire but it was just water.

I finally saw a shore but there was a figure standing there.. when I was close enough I saw the red ball going behind the figure and vanished.. almost like it entered the body.. I got out of the water and stood up.. I looked at the body.. it was a girl with black hair.. pale skin.. tall.. with closed eyes.. it was me.

I got close and touched the body it felt weird.. I'm touching the other body but I felt the touch.. like I touched myself.. I tried again and again and every time I felt the touch on myself.

the other body suddenly opened her eyes and smirked at me.. those eyes.. they aren't mine.. they were red like fire.. "hey Mei" it was talking to me but her lips never moved.. "you are wondering what is all this" I didn't answer I just nodded "to say it short you aren't sleeping.. this is all real".

"what.. are.. you ?" I said but it somehow felt heavy to breath

"oh me!.. I'm you" she said and her smirk became wider

"me ?"

"yes, I'm you.. well not you you.. the other version of you"