waterfall

Jill looked up from the book she was reading. The window was clean, and showed the wide, green meadow.

She stretched her arms into the air and yawned.
"It's so quiet here", a voice said behind her.

Her head shot around.
How did she not hear someone walk up to the room?

It was Peter.
The tall, blond boy leaned against the door frame.

Jill hadn't talked to him a lot, but she hadn't really talked to anyone except of Eustace and Polly.

One of the fights with her parents had been very bad, and she had just packed a few clothes and went to Eustace's house, who brought her with him to Polly Plummer's house.

Jill had heard of her, and of Digory, and of Eustace's cousins Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy.

Polly had opened them the door at 11pm, let them in, prepared a bed for them and placed a bag full of peppermints in front of them, which made them chuckle.

And now Jill stayed here with the other people that knew of Narnia.
Polly, Digory, Lucy and Eustace had gone out very early in the morning to go grocery shopping and Peter, Edmund and her were alone here.

She noticed Peter staring at her and quickly said:"Uhm, yes. It is."

He smiled softly.

"What are you reading?", he asked.

Jill picked the book up.
"It's a story about another world. It reminded me of Narnia", she said quietly and Peter's smile became a little bit dreamy.

"What was your favourite thing about Narnia?", he asked then.

Jill thought for a moment.

"This may sound strange, but even though we were constantly in danger I felt kind of save", she said. "Maybe because Narnia is a place where you naturally feel save, most people there are just nicer than people here."

Peter chuckled. "Yes, I get that."

"But I loved all the nature, and the woods!", Jill said with a dreamy voice.

Peter looked up.

"I don't know if you want to, but there is a place near here which reminds me of Narnia. Maybe you want to see it?"

Jill smiled. "I would love to."

Peter grinned and in this moment Jill didn't see the protective, older brother, she saw the boy that liked to climb on trees and swim in wild rivers.

"You won't regret it!"

She smiled as Edmund walked into the room.
"What is going on?", he asked in a suspiciously voice.

"I want to show Jill the-", he interrupted himself and continued in a quieter voice, "you-know-what."

Edmund chuckled.
"Can I come with you?"

Peter looked at Jill, as if he waited for her agreement.
When she realised that he actually wanted her to say 'yes' or 'no' she quickly nodded.

"Well then, let's go!", Edmund said. "I'm actually glad Lucy doesn't come with us now, she always talks the whole time and makes it was less magical."

Jill couldn't help herself and started laughing.

Oh how wonderful this family was.

Peter chuckled. "And the next time you see Lucy you will say sorry for this and she won't even know what it's for", he said and rolled his eyes while Edmund turned slightly red.

Jill got up, Peter opened the front door and let her out first.

"Thank you!", she said and made a little curtsey. The boys laughed and Jill joined.

All the way to wherever they were going they were cracking jokes and one time Edmund fell down while they were running through a field and Jill threw herself next to him.

But Peter pulled them up again laughing and behind his back Edmund started making faces.

Jill giggled and every time Peter turned around, Edmund quickly stopped.

She didn't even notice where they were going, only when Edmund suddenly stopped and looked forward, she realised that they were in a wood, and she could hear water splashing.

"What is this?", she asked curiously.

"You'll see!", Peter said and grinned.

The splashing got louder with every step, and then Jill saw the most beautiful waterfall she had ever seen.

The water sparkled in the sunlight and made a few rainbows with it. Peter was right, it was very Narnian, and she almost thought that Puddleglum behind her would start to mumble something under his breath.

"This is beautiful", she whispered without taking her gaze from the water.

"Yes", Peter said and nodded.

But the scenery was too beautiful to be talked over, and they grew silent again.
After a while, Jill sat down into the grass.

Peter and Edmund soon joined her.

She didn't know how long they sat there watching the water.

"Shouldn't we go back?", she asked slowly.

"Probably", Edmund said.
But no one got up.

"Peter!", suddenly someone called.

"Oh no", Edmund sighed and Peter chuckled.

Jill turned around and saw Lucy running up to them. Behind her were Eustace, Polly and Digory.

In this moment, the world felt whole.

She looked at Peter and his smile said the same.

.ೃ࿐
Hey!
I've decided to start with writing one shots again 😂
I hope you all liked this one!