Chapter 16

Out of the heart the mouth speaks.

Third persons pov.

Maximus eyes open wide, he's in literal shock.
He stay silent as he felt different kind of emotions,
Surprise, love, adoration, sadness, disbelief, rage.

He went completely livid his face turn white and his body got stiff for a moment, the only thing going around in his head was what Cristine had just told him.

That boy was his son and he didn't get a chance to meet him, he didn't get a chance to see him, hear his laughter or care for him when he got sick, he didn't get the chance to bond with the little boy that had came from him.

His son with his mate.
He missed everything with his son and he can never meet him or get to know him, because the little one is death.

His son is death realizing this his legs got weak, He stumble back as pain pierced his hearth, almost falling backwards, but Cristine is quick to grab him.

Cristine: Maximus are you alright?

She asked him truly worried.

He didn't answer her, he just stand straight and take a few steps away from her.

She can see disappointment and pain all written on his face.

Right now he could only think one thing.
He didn't get the chance to meet his little boy because she denied this to him.

Rage was filling inside of him now. All the love he once felt disappeared in this instant.

Maximus: How could you keep Him away from me? How could you lie to me like that?

Maximus roar in anger with every fiber in his body. Cristine jumped back. She is taken aback by his anger.
She's at a lost for words now.

Maximus whole body is shaking in rage and in pain.

His eyes tear up and he take a huge breath as he cover his face with his shaky hands and start crying. Literally cry like a baby. Tears were coming out his eyes like waterfalls. His shaky legs could not hold him anymore so he fell to his knees as he kept crying.

Cristine stand there looking at him in shock, she's heartbroken by seeing this scene and feeling like crap.

After a moment he realizes that he's showing weakness in front of her.

He gather himself and stand up, he stand there frozen in place and looking at her with disgust.

Cristine: say something please.

She beg him with teary eyes.
He look at her with a madden expression and say to her now.

Maximus: you are selfish, arrogant and a very bad person.. what you have in beauty, you lack in love and compassion, you are ugly inside.

Cristine gasp at his words.

Cristine: please let me explain.

She say this as she take a few step closer to him.

Maximus: don't you dare come closer, I don't want your explanation, nothing you say can make this right, you are a rotten person, I don't know you at all, you are disgusting and in this very moment I feel pure hatred for you, I don't want you anymore I never wanna see you again in my life. You are death to me.

Cristine: how dare you speak to me like this? I had my reasons, you should at least listen to what Ali have to say. Let me explain give me a chance to tell you my side of things.