Chapter 17

Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.

Cristine's POV***

My father was currently leaving my room when mother came.

They are standing right in front of my room, she look at me and give me a sad smile. I just look at her with my cold, and impassive face, in the state of despondency I am now, nothing nor no one can make feel better.

My other son is with his grandfathers now. Amon is busy with some royal things he had to take care of. I lost my first born and my mate doesn't want to talk to me, he hate my gusts. I have cried so much that I don't have any more tears left to cry.

Mother turns to dad and ask him in a whisper.

Sofia: How is she?

Mother ask father with an extreme sadness apparent on her face. Father sigh and look at mother with sorrowful eyes.

King: Honey what can I say? She's as well as can be expected.

She stand there in a pensive state.

King: I need to take care of some things. Please don't leave her alone, I will come back as soon as I finish.

She nods and kiss father on the mouth. Father leaves and mother comes in.

Sofia: Darling do you wanna talk? Or you just wanna sit in silent?

I just look at ceiling without saying a word.

Sofia: I can not tell you I know how you feel, because I really don't, I can't even imagine loosing one of my baby's and then not to be able to be with my mate too.

She sighs deeply.

Sofia: Your situation is surely thorny.

Mother sit on the bed, she pulls me closer to her, I lean my head on her lap as she begin to pat me, then she rush her fingers through my hair.

Sofia: Your father told me through mind-link about what happened between you and your mate.

A moment ago I was talking with father, and I told him about what took place at the cabin between Maximus and me. I didn't get into details, that would have been gross and weird, not to mention... very disturbing.

When I woke up he was long gone. I found a message from him on my phone, he said he's sorry that we had a good moment but it doesn't change the fact that it was a mistake. Also that he can't be with me nor forgive me for my actions.

I called him but I found out my calls couldn't get through. That only meant one thing, He blocked me.
When I called at his place they hung up on me the moment they realize it was me, after that they didn't even answer the phone anymore.

Thinking about it I say to my mother.

Cristine: He despise me mother.

Sofia: Darling, I'm sure he's mad but despise you? That's not possible.
The love that man feels for you is very real besides he is your true mate.
Maybe it will take time but he will come around and he will forgive you, eventually.
In the meantime you need to do everything in your power to win him and make him trust you, and if you don't get him back, then in that case you have to move on.

Cristine: How can I move on from this mother? One of My son's is dead and my mate hates me, what I do to him is unforgivable. That's not possible mother, it isn't posible to move on.

I say with a shaky voice and glassy eyes.

Sofia: oh my baby, you need to keep going with your life, and in order to do that you need to learn how to let go.
The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.