Chapter 4: The Wedding <3

"Mirabel, it's fine," you said with a sigh.

"No it's not!" she exclaimed, her voice lightly muffled as she was holding pins in between her teeth. This was probably the 7th time she had you put on your dress for a 'final try-on.' You insisted that it was perfect, but each time she seemed to find something to fix. Right now the problem was that it was too long and would make you trip. 

"I'll be wearing heals, Mirabel-"

"WHAT IF YOU TAKE THEM OFF!?!" You had never seen her so stressed. Maybe she was right about the dress being too long, but you would never admit it. She had worked so hard and you would much rather lift your dress while dancing than make her feel bad. You, Mirabel, and Isabela were the only ones who had seen the dress so far and she so badly wanted to impress the rest of her family. Everyone loved her but the truth is that she always had to work harder to prove herself since she had no gift.

It was past midnight when the alterations were finally done. She had fixed the length of the dress almost two hours ago but claimed that the top needed more support and that there should be more detailing in the skirt. To be honest you couldn't tell much of a difference when everything was done, but Mirabel was finally satisfied. You headed to the door thinking that Bruno was probably asleep already, but were stopped before you could leave. Turning to Mirabel, you gave her a confused look.

"Where do you think you're going?" she scolded with her hands on her hips.

"To bed...?" 

"With Bruno? Absolutely not." It was tradition to sleep apart the night before the wedding but you hoped this wouldn't e enforced. You had almost no alone time with him for the past few days. Both of you wanted a small wedding but Abuela had insisted on inviting practically the whole town. Casita could easily accommodate this, but there was definitely more pressure to have a perfect ceremony. 

Mirabel handed you some pajamas from her wardrobe and pointed to the bed across from hers. This was obviously non-negotiable and you were too tired to try and argue. Mirabel was asleep within the hour but you just laid there staring at the ceiling. You suddenly felt the bed shift and realized that Casita was moving the floorboards beneath you in an attempt to rock you to sleep. You gave the wall a small pat and forced your eyes shut. 

Shockingly, this worked. By the time you opened them again sunlight was flooding the room. Mirabel's bed was empty, but she soon opened the door, followed by Isabela and Dolores. They carried a plate of arepas and a mug of chocolate con queso. They instructed you to go to Isabela's room when you were done eating and promptly left, closing the door behind them. The food was a delicious result of Julieta's cooking and you could only imagine what she was preparing for tonight. You swallowed the last sip of your drink and sighed contently. Once you stood up Casita opened the door and moved the floor, guiding you to Isa's room. 

Mirabel excitedly pulled you in as soon as you knocked. You were sat in a chair and the girls immediately went to work. Dolores styled your hair; a simple up do with flowers matching your bouquet weaved in, Isabela did a makeup look that defined your features, and Mirabel filed your nails into an almond shape before painting them sage green.  

*Time skip to right before the ceremony*

You stood before the doors of Casita, clutching your flowers. Your parents had passed when you were young, but Peppa and Julieta were more than happy to walk you down the aisle. They both loved you dearly and your friendship had only grown since your pregnancy was announced. 

"You ready?" Peppa asked. You took a deep breath and nodded. Casita opened its double doors and a sweet breeze tickled your face as you walked out. The three of you followed the path of flower petals and turned the corner to find the space Luisa and Isabela had so lovingly worked on. Bruno had thankfully convinced Abuela to make the ceremony smaller, but there was still about 50 people watching you. This was the moment when you were happy Mirabel had fixed your dress. Any longer and you would have fallen. One of the townspeople played a gentle song on her violin. You felt as if you might faint when you approached the crowd, but your worries were gone once you saw him.

Bruno stood by an arch of flowers in a dark green suit. You weren't used to seeing him so formal but his shaggy curls were the same. The music swelled and the audience stood once you approached the aisle. Your two friends walked you to the end and then found their seats. Peppa took your flowers, allowing you to hold Bruno's hands. The priest began the ceremony, but you were too focused on Bruno to pay much attention. His eyes were glossed over and he gave your hands a gentle squeeze. The rest of the world seemed to disappear when he looked at you, and to this day you still got butterflies in your stomach when you were with him. 

As soon as the priest asked for the rings Antonio snapped and two rats came bouncing down the aisle. Just as rehearsed, they stopped and stood on their hind legs once they reached you. The ring was placed on your finger and your heart was pounding in your ears when Bruno said 'I do.'

"And do you, y/n take Bruno Madrigal to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," you squeaked.

"You may now kiss the bride-" the priest began but Bruno had already pulled you in. His arm wrapped around you, placing his hand in the arch of your back. Your arms were hugging his neck as you kissed. You wanted this moment to last forever. Nothing else mattered, but him.

Author's Note:

Please forgive me, but I will write the reception in the next chapter. (It's been a very long day.) Thank you all so much for your patience and support!!!