6

"Hello there", an unfamiliar voice breaks the silence.
I whip my head around and my stomach drops.
There is Joseph Wilson in the flesh.
He has the slightest smile on his face.
I nod my head at him.
"Greetings."

He adjusts his tie and leans against the railing. He must sense my nervousness because he doesn't approach much farther.

"I saw a lonely girl out here and just wanted to give her some company."

I look away. He doesn't seem like a bad man, but I still don't like this.

"Oh I see. Well I appreciate it, but you know I'm not alone."

He slicks back his hair with a hand.
"Of course. I know you are here with Dick Grayson. Mr. Wayne was the one who told me."

"You know Richard?"
He seems caught off guard for a second, but immediately composes himself.

"I can't say I'm friends with the boy, but I've been around."

He straightens himself.
"I suppose I shouldn't take up all your time. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other. Afterall, I hear you work for Grayson."

He steps out and I breathe a sigh of relief.

Suddenly a man comes and occupies the space Wilson was just in. This time it's someone much more familiar.

"Hello Richard. Is everything alright?"
His hair looks ruffled and he is readjusting his whole suit.'

"Yeah. Just some business I had to tend to. Sorry about leaving you there, but I guess you weren't alone."
His voice tone is slightly serious, almost like a warning.

"You must've seen Mr. Wilson just step out. I am as confused as you are. I am not sure what he wanted."

"It doesn't matter. Bruce probably said something about you. Don't worry about it."

"Oh...."
He comes a little closer.

"May I ask something?", I inquire.
"Sure."

"Why do you call Bruce Bruce? He is your father afterall. I can understand if it's personal and you don't want to answer. I was just curious."

He gives me a soft smile.
"No it's fine. How do I word this? I love Bruce. Truly I do. He was there for me and he's taught me.....a lot. I can't always say everything he taught me was what I wanted, but he's not a bad guy. It's just that I was really close to my parents before they....."
He pauses for a second.

"I just can't call Bruce my father all the time when I had one who cared for me and loved me just as much. It's not that I don't ever call him dad or anything. I do sometimes. I just don't do it often and he doesn't seem to mind. He understands."

I look away.
"I see. I am sorry about your parents."

He also looks away.
"Thanks."

A minute passes by in silence.
Perhaps I shouldn't have asked. Sometimes curiosity gets the best of me.

"How about I ask a question Kori."

"Hmm..."

"What are you doing out here? It's freezing."
I laugh.
Now that he mentioned it, I do feel a bit chilly.
"Sorry. I just got lost in the sunset is all."

"Next time take a jacket with you. Can't have you getting sick. I need you."

I blush.
"Hey....I'm sorry about how I was when you first started working. I probably stressed you out. I just wanted to see how hard of a worker you are and how much you wanted this job. I definitely took it too far. Heh..."
He puts a hand on the back of his head. That just be something he does when he feels nervous.

"Do not do any worrying of it Richard. Everything worked out just fine."
He looks at the sky.
"It's beautiful isn't it?", I say.

He leans his head on his hand.
"Yeah almost as beautiful as yo......your dress. Yeah I should really thank Bee for that."

I look down at my dress. It kinda sparkles in the moonlight. Such a nice shimmer.
"I must thank Bee as well. And you too. Thank you for letting me have this.....well just letting me experience something new in general."

"You're kidding right? I forced you to come today because I'm terrified of Kitten."

I laugh.
"In all honesty, I would be scared of her too."
He smiles at me.

"This has been a nice chat, but I think we should get back. Coming with me?"
He holds out his hand.
I take it.
"I think that would be a good idea."

I'm such a sap for romance😩I can't help it <3