the ceremony | pt. 9

*/1 WEEK LATER/*

Isabela's POV

I woke up with Y/N snoring a little, she look so beautiful. she's like a sleeping beauty. I stared at her for like 5 minutes? I guess?

ISABELA!! what the hell?! stop simping for Y/N! you have a boyfriend that you have to marry, remember?! you're the eldest and you MUST make you're family proud.

minutes later, Y/N just woke up. slowly opening her eyes while I stare at her not thinking that she's already awake.

Y/N's POV

I woke up seeing Isabela staring at me. "Isa? everything alright?", I asked her. "oh- I- uh yeah. we should get going. we have to decorate the house for Antonio's ceremony, right? hehe?", she answered with a nervous laugh.

I nodded at her as an answer, then we both clean ourselves. she went first in the bathroom then I'll be the last. after she used the bathroom, I went in with my light blue dress, it has a design like Isabela's. she gave that to me as a gift on my last birthday.

anyways, after we got dressed, we both went down and ate our breakfast immediately. after eating, we started decorating. Isa and I started off to design the roof then everything in the house, not exactly the whole house.

Isabela and I finished putting flowers. I took a sit in the living room and take a rest, it's very exhausting to go up and down though. Isabela got called by Abuela to decorate Toñito's door. all of a sudden, dark clouds appeared in the sky while Tía Pepa mumbles and Tío Félix calms her down. "Pepa you're thundering, you're gonna ruin the flowers. the flowers", Tío Félix said.

"did someone say flowers?", a beautiful Isabela went down swinging with her vines and handed a boquet of flowers to Tía Pepa, then the dark clouds disappeared. Isabela flipped her hair hitting Maribel's face saying, "a little sisterly advice, if you weren't always working too hard, you wouldn't be in the way". "actually, Isa, this is called helping", Mirabel said. Isabela grunts then Maribel hits her face on the wall. I went straight to Maribel but before I could reach her Isabela pulled me.

"where do think you're going?", Isabela questioned me. "to Mirabel, I'm gonna help her with her stuff. seems like it's heavy", I said.
-"oh you better not, you know I hate her"
-"why?"
-"because, she ruins everything. instead of stepping aside, she tries to help but actually ruins everything"
-"I think she doesn't mean to ruin everything. she just wants to make the family proud of her. do you love your sister?"
-"what kind of question is that?"
-"just answer my question", I said gently.
-"y-yes", she answered hesitantly.
-"then don't be rude to her. if she wants to help, let her. if she struggles, help her, okay?", I adviced.

she nodded then I hugged her. I held her hand too calm her then we both splitted our ways to greet and welcome the visitors coming.

while I welcome the visitors, I saw the Guzmans. "hi, welcome to the Casita. feel yourself at home", I greeted and smiled to the Guzmans.

all of the people are already inside, I went by the side from the center of the Casita. I saw Isabela dancing throwing flowers at some people. she dances with a big smile and she moves so smooth.

"ah, she so beautiful, right Y/N?", a man's voice came while hitting my arm with an elbow playfully. it was Mariano Guzman. "yeah she is and will always be", I said awkwardly at the tall guy. as Isabela dance and sway, she then saw me and Mariano. she went closer to us.

"hey guys, what's up?", Isabela said to both of us, Mariano and me, with a happy tone. "nothing, just talking about how beautiful you are, mi amor", Mariano said to Isabela then Isabela smiled at Mariano, hugged, and kissed Mariano on his side of his lip. then after pulling away, I just stood there awkwardly and weirdly looking at my crush and her boyfriend or maybe her future husband.

hold did I thought about her as my CRUSH?! no no, stop. remember she already has a boyfriend that'll be her husband sooner. STOP simping, Y/N.

I just got snapped out of my thoughts after Isabela calls my name. "Y/N? you seem dumbfounded, what were you thinking?", Isa snapped and asked me. "oh, it's nothing. I-uh um, I just miss my mom", I lied at her. Isabela went closer to me and stroked my back to comfort me then hugged me. I felt a sudden warmth in my stomach and I feel like I'm looking like a tomato right now. I just immediately cover my face so she wouldn't notice.

a clearing throat of Abuela Alma caught everyone's attentions. as Abuela started her usual speech on every ceremony, Isabela held my right hand with her right hand and slowly touching my waist. I went red at that moment but didn't make it obvious. I looked at Isa's, she's smirking but not looking at me. I don't know what this means.

Antonio just git his door and he got the gift of being able to talk to animals. everybody is invited to go inside the kid's room to celebrate.

Isabela pulled me to Antonio's room. we both watched Antonio riding on a jaguar. the kid is so happy with his gift since he's an animal guy. Abuela said that they have to take a family picture so Isabela left me with look saying 'just stay here'. I just nodded and noticed that something's missing.

Mirabel wasn't with the family photoshoot. I looked for the teenage girl, I saw her downstairs looking on something. I went up to her to check if she's ok.

"hey Mira, are you okay? what's that?", I checked up on her. "casita?", Mirabel said with a concerning voice. she touched the broken roof tile then she accidentally cut herself and then I got worried. all of a sudden, we both felt an earthquake, then cracks starts to appear at the ground and walls. the glowing doors started to flicker slowly then the light of the candle was about to fade. Mirabel immediately went to her Abuela. I stay here downstairs in the middle of the Casita.

Abuela then came outside of the room to check if there was a crack. I blinked my eyes a few times then the cracks were...gone. how?

"is this true, Y/N?", Abuela asked me. I nodded as a yes but Abuela didn't seem to believe. "but Abuela, I saw it with my own eye. Y/N saw it-", Mirabel got cut off by Abuela, "enough Mirabel." "there's nothing wrong with the magic. the magic is strong, and so are the drinks", Abuela announced and sarcastically joked at the end.

Mirabel felt very hurt and sad, obviously. "Mira...", I said to the crying teenager. I hugged her to comfort her then she hugged me back tightly therefore she's very hurt.

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulders, it's Isabela. Mirabel and I pulled from the hug, Mirabel went to the kitchen with Tía Julieta. Isabela and I went back to Antonio's room.

Isabela cheered me up to lighten my mood. "I'm not good at dancing", I said nervously. "just go dance with your boyfriend. you both look cute", I added not wanting to dance. I regretted that I didn't dance with her, I should've danced with her even though I don't like dancing. I see her walking towards to Mariano with a smile. they both danced to beat of the music.

I felt sleepy that time so I went to Isabela's room to take a rest. as I lie down on the bed, I kept thinking about Isabela. I can't take her out of my mind. I know it's wrong but I can't control it. I just slept after all of those thoughts. I kind of woke up by feeling someone is lying down beside me then hugged me. I tried to look at this person, it's Isa. I felt a little relief feeling her arms hugging me. I slept with a smile on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
okay...

hope y'all are enjoying my story, stay safe and stay healthy. <3