Chapter Five: first date

We hopped into the car and Har turned the key in the ignition and the radio came on, Har started singing.

"I usually love sleeping alone, this time around bring your friend with you." He said and trailed off.

"I didn't know you liked The Weeknd." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"I don't, it's just a catchy song." He said and I could tell that he was lying through his teeth. He changed the station to rock.

"I'm so addicted to all the things you do when your going down on me in between the sheets, all the sounds you make with every breath you take." I sang and he smiled.

"I didn't know you liked Saving Abel." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't, it's just a catchy song." I said mocking him.

"Sure." He said teasingly.

We got out of the car and kept singing Addicted.

"I love you." I said as we interlocked hands.

"I love you too." He said and flipped his golden hair.

"Why do you love me?" I asked.

"Why do you keep asking me that? I love you because you're the sweetest girl and you don't care about what people think." He said like he did yesterday when we were in the woods.

"I just can't believe that you like me, I'm not popular, or good at making friends, and I've never had a boyfriend." I said shyly.

"You don't have to be popular or be one of those girls that have a new boyfriend every week, you can just be you. That's the girl that I'm falling in love with, that girl is you." He said and kissed me. He pulled away slowly and my stomach growled.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really hungry." I explained.

"It's okay, I am too." He said and we ordered and waited for the food to come. I looked for a table, which wasn't hard because the place was almost empty, I sat down at one of the taller tables and put our drinks on the table as I waited for Harley. I saw a group of girls from school come in with their boyfriends, Katrina, the leader of the group, saw me with Har and laughed. She started walking over to me as Harley brings the food to the table.

"Hey Harley, hey Catalina." She said and Har just smiled.

"So I'm having this amazing party on Saturday, you guys should come. Here's an invitation." She said and handed Harley the paper.

"Oh thanks Katrina." Har said.

"Hope to see you there." She said and winked. She walked back to her little clique and they started laughing, all except a sophomore named Everett.

"It says that it's a masquerade party." He said and kept reading. He stopped reading when he noticed that I was glancing over at Everett.

"What?" He asked.

"Huh? Uh, nothing." I said looking at Har.

"Okay?" He said and looked back at the paper. My glance went back to Everett and he smiled. Everett was a fairly skinny guy, unlike the other jocks in their group, he did have some muscle but nothing like the other guys. He usually kept to himself, which confused me because Katrina never really liked a quiet guy.

"Hello? Earth to Catalina?" He said and snapped his fingers.

"Did you say something Har?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I've been calling your name for a few minutes." He said and I smiled.

"Sorry."

"It's okay, I said that we should look for outfits for the masquerade party." He said.

"We? You mean you. We aren't supposed to know what we look like or we're going to ruin the surprise." I said and he nodded. We both ate our tacos and pulled our phones out so we could look for outfits. I went online and found a beautiful black dress with a peacock design on the side, I found a green shawl and black peacock shoes to match. I had green earrings and mask at home that would go perfect with the dress.