Chapter Twenty One: to be or not to be burnt

After a while of practicing, we went back to the house and I helped mom cook dinner with fresh vegetables and herbs we grew in mom's garden, we were going to have spaghetti and salad for dinner.

"If you want you can invite Everett and Harley over for dinner honey." Mom said as I helped make the pasta for the spaghetti. I grabbed the angel hair pasta out of the cupboard and grabbed a pot, putting water and oil in it and waiting for the water to boil.

I texted Harley and Everett and asked them if they would like to come over and eat, they both said yes, even though I'm not on good terms with Everett, I figured that it would be good to try and make peace with him.

Harley came a few minutes after I invited him over for dinner, he came with a bright pink rose and a small box in his hand.

We sat in the living room for a few minutes and I opened the box, there was a charm bracelet in the box, it already had a few charms, an arrow, a heart, an infinity sign, and a rose charm, it was a beautiful bracelet, I kissed him and the timer went off for the pasta and I pulled away from him, he followed me into the kitchen and I put the pasta in pot, some water splashed on my hand.

I immediately pulled my hand away and my hand hurt bad, my mother rushed me into the bathroom and tried to put aloe on it but it was a horrible burn, I sat I'm the bathroom and somebody knocked on the door.

"It's me, can I come in?" Harley asked.

"Yeah." I replied and he opened the door and came in looking at my hand that was severely burned, it must be a first or second degree burn. He put his hand on my upper arm and the pain went away.

"You healed me." I said a little bit shocked. I looked at my hand without a burn on it and smiled.

"Thanks for the rose and charm bracelet by the way." I said and he smiled and put the bracelet on my left hand, my dominant hand so I would never forget today. I looked at my scars from the arrow cutting across my arms. We walked out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen.

"Can you guys set the table please?" Mom asked. I opened the silverware drawer and and Har grabbed the napkins, he only grabbed four, dad wasn't home and I didn't tell Harley that Everett was coming over. We set the table and the doorbell rang, I rushed to the door and Everett stood in the doorway with his hands in his pockets.

"Don't think that I forgave you for what you did because I am far from forgiving you." I hissed and he nodded.

"Don't think that I came to make things right, I don't need your love, I have Katrina for that." He snapped and I allowed him to come in.

"If you think about touching him, you will die." I said and he smiled.

"Somebody's a little overprotective today, what's wrong sweetheart? Did you get tired of taking bullets for everybody?" He snapped and I punched him, I punched him hard.

"At least I don't get bossed around by that piece of crap airhead." I hissed and he growled at me and I looked at him, my eyes had changed from the bright blue to a greenish yellow. He grabbed my arm, claws out, and dug them into my hand, one claw, two claws, three claws, four claws, and five claws in my arm just above my charm bracelet.

"Tell me, do you feel better when you drag people down to your level?" He asked with his claws still in my arm.

"You should know, you stooped way down to my level, especially that night that we made out when we were outside on your roof." I said and I could tell that he remembered that.