Chapter 23

Training with Chrome, Ken, and Chikusa for the majority of the day, Tomoe was tired. As much as she wanted to practice with her sky flames, Tomoe couldn't since she had to keep them a secret and focus on Chrome to make sure she got stronger.

Once they finished training and ate dinner, Tomoe took a shower, changing into her pajamas. Sighing, she laid in her bed, tired.

'Ahh, I can't wait for this to be over so I can relax more... I'm so tired and I feel so stressed.' She closed her eyes. 'Maybe I can sleep for ten hours since we won't be training tomorrow morning.'

"HEY!"

She heard a shout. Jun's shout to be specific.

'Ignore it... Ignore it and go to sleep. It's probably just Jun and Milo fighting.'

But the shouting and noises still continued, entering her ears. She picked up her pillow and wrapped it around her to block out the sounds.

The yelling was still going on and it was getting louder and closer.

'UGHHHHH!'

She got up from bed, an annoyed expression on her face as she stomped out of her room, slamming the door open.

"What is with all this ruckus?!" Tomoe scowled as she walked down the hall towards the source of the yelling. She was angry at all the noise happening. "Be quiet! Some people are trying to sleep here."

"There you are, Kocho," a voice said and Tomoe shivered, and it wasn't due to her light night clothes

"Reborn-chan," she hissed out with a frown, crossing her arms. "Pray to tell why you're here so late? Doesn't the ring battle happen at midnight?"

"Yes it does," Reborn replied, looking up at her. "I want you to come to this battle."

"Wait Tomoe you know this midget?!" Jun exclaimed, pointing at Reborn. "Who the hell is he?! He suddenly broke in and demanded to see you."

"Jun-nii." Tomoe sighed. "Please let me handle this. Don't worry."

"But-" "Please."

Looking into Tomoe's eyes, Jun sighed, ruffling his loose blond hair. "Argh- fine! But you better be home safe and sound. I won't tell oyaji, kaachan or anyone else about this."

She smiled, kissing his cheek. "Thank you Jun-nii." He nodded at her before sending Reborn one more glare and walked away into his room. Tomoe then looked at the hitman, frowning. "Why do you want me to go to the ring battle? It has nothing to do with me."

"Lambo will be fighting against Varia's lightning guardian, Levi," Reborn explained, adjusting his fedora. "If you're there then Lambo will fight harder."

She scoffed. "That's it? Listen Reborn, I don't want to get involved with the mafia or these fights, can you get that through your thick skull?"