Chapter Forty-Seven

NOTE: I do not own any of the ideas or characters expressed in this story (except Cassie Jackson). All of these belong to J.K. Rowling.

Dedicated to LunaLxx because she just made an account and has been so sweet to me (; She started writing a Draco/Hermione fanfic and it's pretty good, so check it out!! Haha anyway hope you like the chapter ^ ^

**********************

Draco P.O.V.

          “Draco, run faster!” Cassie laughs, tugging at my hand as she practically drags me through the hallways. It’s nighttime, but I’m still worried we’ll get caught by one of the Carrows.

          “Slow down,” I groan, and she finally does. Our fingers entwine as we walk much more slowly towards the Room of Requirement together. Giving her hand a small squeeze, I add, “You know we shouldn’t be doing this. We could get caught.”

          Cassie rolls her eyes and smirks slightly as she replies, “We’re fine. See? It’s right here.”

          The door to the Room of Requirement materializes in front of us without anyone pacing, but I don’t seem to find this strange. I hold the door open as Cassie enters the room we always stay in together, and I follow in behind her. Shutting the door behind me, I turn back to face her, saying, “We really should be more—“

          The entire room has faded to a pitch black. All I can see is Cassie clearly standing a few feet away with her back to me, shaking slightly. Cautiously, I take a step forward and ask uncertainly, “…what’s going on?” She doesn’t reply right away, so I carefully extend my arm and tug on her shoulder until she turns to face me.

          Cassie’s crying, but her face is cold as she glares at me. I drop my hand immediately with a confused expression and take a step back. “What’s—“

          “You know what,” Cassie snaps, her voice sounding frosty and dead. She points to my left arm, and I look down to see that my shirt and suit jacket have suddenly gone, and there’s blood all over my bare chest. I stagger back again as I see the bruises and the giant cut, but Cassie’s cold voice distracts me as she hisses, “I hate you for being a Death Eater.”

          I blink at the sting of her words, realizing she’s pointing to my Dark Mark; it stands out incredibly against the pale skin on my left wrist, and the snake is writhing through the black ink of the skull. The guilt rushes through me once I see how much trouble I’ve caused her, what she’s had to go through because of me. My breathing is coming out in quick gasps as I look back up to Cassie, to somehow apologize for everything I’ve done.

          But I look up to see that she’s literally melting into nothing before my eyes.

          My heart stops inside my chest as I gape at the sight before me, seeing Cassie’s face twisting and collapsing, her whole body deteriorating. Her eyes turn black and stretch down her face as she stumbles and suddenly collapses. I dully realize my breathing is threatening to go into hyperventilation, and there’s a harsh pounding in my ears. My heart twists inside me and I try to open my mouth to say something, to scream something, but my throat seems to have closed over.

          But then I blink hard, and when I open my eyes again Cassie’s melted body has disappeared—to be replaced with Amycus Carrow.

          My knees turn to jelly and, stumbling backwards, I lose my footing. Crashing to the floor, I try to slide back away from Amycus as he steps closer to me. He appears to be very pleased with himself, and he grins widely down at me as he tells me calmly, “You killed her.”